UPDATE: This recipe post has been revamped and you can find it by clicking here.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus – baked with Noble cheese
Serve it as an appetiser, side dish, a light lunch or finger food. A full platter would look beautiful to take to friends. And for a luxurious breakfast, dip in soft boiled eggs instead of toast soldiers.
This simple recipe avoids any tricky problems by baking it under a cheese and ground almond mix. Any cheese will be suitable as long as it has a strong yet gentle flavour.Prosciutto wrapped asparagus is a simple dish is made with only 5 ingredients.
For those of you who find parmesan too strong, try aged hard cheeses.
I grated the cheese using a zester to get a fine grade of cheese. If you use a standard cheese grater, the results won’t look as delicate but could still be used.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Mix the strong cheese and almond meal/flour in a small cup.
- Cut the bottom inch from the asparagus spears then place into a large saucepan.
- Add enough boiling water to just cover the asparagus, bring to the boil for 2 minutes. You want the asparagus to remain slightly crunchy, but not raw, in the middle.
- Remove from the heat and drain.
- Place a prosciutto slice on a chopping board and place 2 asparagus spears diagonally on top.
- Sprinkle a little of the cheese mix across the asparagus and drizzle with a little cream then roll up. Place in the baking dish.
- Repeat with all the other prosciutto slices and asparagus spears.
- Once they are all lined in the baking dish, sprinkle the remaining cheese mix.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 15 minutes, or until golden and the cheese has melted.