Another easy raw cheesecake, no cooking required. Just make the base of the raw cheesecake, place in the fridge then make the raw cheesecake filling. What could be simpler.
Low Carb And Sugar Free Raw Cheesecake
If you are really pressed for time, push some frozen berries into the cheesecake and this will speed up the cheesecake to set. This especially works well in individual ramekin dishes.
They can set in an hour when made this way. I love making this raw cheesecake especially in the summer when I can’t bear to have the oven on. Serve with a low carb berry yogurt.
These are hard to find as they tend to be sweetened so I use natural yogurt and add my own berries, or for the children, I make Easy Yo which grows away on my kitchen bench. It is higher in carbs, but at least it does actually contain the fabulous strains of bacteria, as opposed to those in the supermarket which may not actually contain much by the time they end up at home via the supermarket supply chain.
Or serve with berries and cream. Raw cheesecake can be made as one large dish or as individual serving sizes in ramekins.
- Mix the melted butter with the almond meal/flour, sweetener and linseeds.
- Grease a pie dish with butter then line with a piece of baking paper cut to size.
- Spread the mixture on the base and place in the fridge to harden.
- Dissolve the 2 jelly sachets in 500ml boiling water. This is half the amount of water it states (i.e: make it double strength) so will set the cheesecake.
- Put the cream cheese in a bowl, add the warm jelly and mix using a stick blender with a blade attachment. Whisk until there are no lumps of cream cheese left. The warm jelly helps this.
- Defrost the frozen berries (or use fresh ones) and break them up with a fork so you still have lumps of berries, but not whole ones. Stir the berries through the cheesecake filling.
- Pour onto the base and put bake into the fridge for 2 hours or until set.