I have discovered how to make slow cooker grain-free granola – this is absolutely genius!!!
Scroll below to watch the quick cooking video to see how incredibly simple this is.
Slow Cooker Grain-Free Granola – Jaffa (chocolate orange) flavour
My kids love grain-free granola, their favourite so far is my chocolate grain-free granola (my favourite is orange and pecan).
I generally make a big batch of breakfast granola every two weeks on a Sunday night whilst I am cooking dinner in the oven. I enjoy my Sunday evenings, cooking a few things ready for school lunches for the week ahead. Mainly coconut flour chocolate chip cookies.
But sometimes, especially in the summer, I don’t want the oven on OR we run out of granola early and I can’t be bothered cooking it in the oven.
The master of all inventions – is necessity. So I tried one night to cook my grain-free granola in the slow cooker – it worked!!
Luckily slow cooker grain-free granola uses simple pantry ingredients you probably have in your cupboard right now. And the recipe is so adaptable, you can easily swap the ingredients for another seed, nut or flavour.
Have fun experimenting with flavours.
TOP TIPS: for making slow cooker grain-free granola.
- To stop the grain-free granola from burning whilst cooking in the slow cooker, stir occasionally.
- Each slow cooker will vary so be guided by yours.
- Turn your slow cooker onto a LOW setting and stir every half hour.
- Alternatively, cook on HIGH, but be prepared to stir more frequently. Possibly every 15 minutes.
- Set your timer so you don’t forget. Watch your favourite TV show.
- Get some free exercise getting up-down-up-down
- Or ask your children to take it in turns. They want it? They have to help cook it 😉
To serve: This is one of the most common questions I am asked.
I allow my children to enjoy 1/2 cup grain-free granola served with unsweetened yoghurt or milk. My husband enjoys it with unsweetened yoghurt and coconut cream. Everyone loves it with low sugar berries on top.
You can also us it to top a simple low-carb sundae. It adds a lovely crunch when sprinkled over as garnish.
Slow Cooker Grain-Free Granola
Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker. Stir.
Turn the slow cooker to HIGH and cook for 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
Alternatively, turn the slow cooker to LOW and cook for 4 hours. Stir every 30 minutes.
Each slow cooker will vary considerably. So adjust your cooking time, and frequency of stirring, to prevent burning.
Slow Cooker Grain-Free Granola -
- Nutrition values will vary widely for this recipe depending on which seed/nuts you add and how much.
- Use the nutrition panel as a guide only.
- I have calculated the values using a 1/2 cup (43g) but will depend on how much you use for breakfast (maybe more) or as a dessert on berries (maybe less).
- Store in an airtight jar for 3-4 weeks.
100 Top Tips For Beginners