This Slow Cooker Low-Carb Chocolate Lava Cake will become your go-to dessert recipe for the rest of the year.
This recipe is so forgiving you can whip it up and forget about it for 2-3 hours!
Keep scrolling to get the recipe and the cooking video.
Slow Cooker Low-Carb Chocolate Lava Cake
This is not your traditional lava cake full of flour and a gloopey sugary mess. Instead, this lava cake is much like a dump cake where you scoop the cake out and some parts are cakey and others are fudgy. This healthy Low-Carb Chocolate Lava Cake is best served in a bowl with a scoop of sweetened cream on top, maybe some fresh berries as well.
To make the cake low carb you will need almond meal flour and coconut flour. Start by mixing all the wet ingredients together in a bowl. Then sift the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients before mixing them all together.
This is important because almond flour, coconut flour, and cocoa powder tend to clump a lot in the bag. So to ensure your lava cake is lighter and fluffier you need to make sure the clumps are thoroughly gone.
Layering Your Slow Cooker Low-Carb Chocolate Lava Cake
Now that your batter is mixed it is time to spread the batter out in your slow cooker. Be sure to oil the bottom, corners, and side of your slow cooker insert so that your cake doesn't stick. A refillable oil sprayer is perfect for easily greasing your slow cooker.
Once the batter is spread out sprinkle to sugar-free dark chocolate chips over the batter. Then mix two tablespoons of cocoa powder and one tablespoon sweetener into some hot water to make a chocolate sauce.
The chocolate sauce is then poured over the batter and chocolate chips. Do not stir the water into the batter, let it sit on top as it cooks.
Cooking a Low-Carb Chocolate Lava Cake in a Slow Cooker
To cooker the lava cake you will want to cover your slow cooker with your lid. You do not need to cover it with a towel or anything else, the lid alone is enough to ensure your cake doesn't dry out.
You will want to cook your lava cake for 2 - 2 ½ hour on low heat. Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your slow cooker, but this is one recipe you want to cook on low heat.This Slow Cooker Low-Carb Chocolate Lava Cake will become your favourite low-carb dessert!
My slow cooker is 5 quarts (4.7 litres), and my cake was cooked after two hours on low. The smaller slow cooker may take 2 ½ hour to 3 hours to cook, so keep an eye on your cake towards the end.
The great thing is this cake is very forgiving, so if you cook it too long your cake likely won't burn it will just be less fudgy.
Sugar-Free Low-Carb Chocolate Lava Cake
That's really all there is to making this lava cake. The top of the cake will look shiny and a fudgy when it is done, your cake should not look dry.
This cake is best served warm when the chocolate chips are still melted. You can save the leftovers for another day in the refrigerator, just be sure to warm it up again so that the chocolate chips melt.
I can't wait to hear how you like this lava cake recipe. There are more delicious dessert recipes listed below you will also love.
Slow Cooker Low-Carb Chocolate Lava Cake
Recipe Video (tap to play)
Chocolate Lava Cake
- 100 g (1 cups) almond meal/flour
- 50 g (½ cups) coconut flour
- 25 g (¼ cups) cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more to your taste
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 60 g (½ cups) sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- 3 eggs - medium
- 1 egg whites
- 180 ml (¾ cups) almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Grease the liner on your slow cooker.
- In a large bowl mix together all the wet ingredients for your cake. Then sift the dry ingredients (don't use the chocolate chips yet) into the wet ingredients with a fine mesh sieve or sifter. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour the batter into the slow cooker and spread it out. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the batter. Mix together the chocolate sauce in seperate cup then pour it over the batter. Let the chocolate sauce sit on top of the batter, do not mix it in.
- Cover the slow cooker. Cook the cake for 2 to 2 ½ hours on the low setting. The cooking time vary depending on the size of the slow cooker so keep an eye on it. It is done with the top is shiny and looks fudgy. Your cake should not look dry. Scoop the cake out and serve in bowl topped in sweetened whipped cream and berries.
Additional recipes & articles you will love:
- Keto Chocolate Walnut Brownies
- Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake
- The Ultimate Guide to Low-Carb Sweeteners
LOW-CARB SWEET TREATS: Who else wants to enjoy parties AND stay on track? Get all the healthy low-carb recipes you'll need - CLICK HERE