This low carb slow cooker lasagna with cheats cheese sauce will become a weekly staple on your dinner menu. Keep reading to discover how simple this lasagna is to make. There's a good chance you already have everything you need.
Easy Low Carb Slow Cooker Lasagna
Zucchini is the go-to vegetable when you need to replace pasta with a healthier option. This lasagna is no exception. You will need to use long thin slices on zucchini as a replacement for the noodles.
I prefer to use a mandolin to slice the zucchini into thin 3 mm (1/8 inch) sheet. However, a mandolin is not necessary. If you have a hard time slicing the zucchini into sheets, that's ok, the lasagna is just as tasty using thinly sliced zucchini circles.
You will need about one zucchini for every layer of lasagna. I made a 3 layer lasagna so I used 3 zucchini. The recipe will call for 3-4 zucchini to ensure you have enough. Start with 3 and if you need more slice up the fourth.
Slow Cooker Low Carb Lasagna with Sugar-Free Marinara
After you have sliced your zucchini, the next step is to make the marinara. Start by browning the ground beef and draining the grease.
Next add the can of sugar-free crushed tomatoes, or tomato puree, and the seasoning. Bring the sauce to a simmer and then remove it from the heat. The flavors of the sauce will continue to meld as the lasagna cooks in the slow cooker.
Low Carb Gluten-Free Lasagna with Cheats Cheese Sauce
The cheats cheese sauce is delicious and easy to make. In a separate bowl mix together the cheese, cream, eggs, salt, and pepper for the sauce.Yum! Slow Cooker Low-Carb Lasagna with Cheats Cheese Sauce is amazing!
I used a combination of shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese for the cheese sauce. If you do not have a combination of the cheese you can use 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
Your cheats cheese sauce will be somewhat liquid, this makes it easy to spread. Don't worry, it will firm up as it cooks.
Slow Cookers To Try
How to Cook Low Carb Lasagna in a Slow Cooker
Now that you have all the parts of the lasagna prepped it is time to assemble. Start by adding a little bit of marinara to the bottom of your slow cooker. This will keep the lasagna from sticking to the bottom.
Next, add a layer of zucchini on top of the marinara. Spread 1/3 of the cheese sauce over the zucchini, then cover it with 1/3 of the marinara. Add three layers to the lasagna then sprinkle the top with shredded cheese.
Cover the slow cooker and cook your lasagna on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours. When the lasagna is done, let it cool for about 15 minutes before slicing and serving. The zucchini will release a lot of liquid, this can be carefully poured out and discarded if desired.
Slow Cooker Low-Carb Lasagna
Your lasagna may also be cooked in the oven. Assemble your lasagna in a baking pan and cover with foil. Cook the lasagna for 40-45 minutes at 190 C/375 F, uncover the lasagna for the last 10 minutes to crisp the top.
Leftover lasagna can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. They make excellent lunch the next day and are wonderful for lunch meal prep. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Low-Carb Lasagna with Cheats Cheese Sauce
- 3-4 zucchini cut into ling thin slices 3 mm or 1/8 inch
- 125 g shredded cheese
- Using a mandolin thinly slice the zucchini into sheets about 3 mm or 1/8 inch thick. Set aside until ready to use.
- Brown the ground/minced beef in a skillet and drain the grease. Add the remaining marinara ingredients and bring the sauce to a simmer. Remove from the heat and set aside until ready to use.
- In a bowl mix together the ingredients for the cheats cheese sauce. Now you are ready to assemble the lasagna.
- Add a little marinara to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place a layer of zucchini on top of the marinara. Cover the zucchini with 1/3 of the cheese sauce and then 1/3 of the marinara. Repeat until you have three layers of lasagna. Sprinkle the top of the lasagna with shredded cheese then cover the slow cooker with the lid.
- Cook the lasagna on HIGH for 2-3 hour or LOW for 4-5 hours. When the lasagna is done cooking let it read for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving. Any excess liquid from the zucchini can be carefully poured out and discarded. Enjoy!
Additional recipes you may like:
- How to Cook a Whole Chicken in the Slow Cooker Plus Bone Broth
- Self Saucing Slow Cooker Meatballs
- Keto Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
LOW-CARB FAMILY MEALS: Need help and inspiration on how to cook healthy family meals? Get all the resources you'll need - CLICK HERE