How to make sugar and dairy free keto Easter eggs ... even you are a complete beginner!
Trying to find sugar-free Easter eggs is tough.
Trying to find dairy-free Easter eggs is tough.
Trying to find keto Easter eggs is tough.
Well, these little bad boys have come to the rescue because they tick all the boxes. They are also a super fun activity for you and your children to make.
Sugar And Dairy Free Keto Easter Eggs
We all want to avoid the sugar rush of Easter, but finding a good quality sugar-free chocolate Easter egg is almost impossible. Many brands of chocolate may say no sugars, but far too many contain maltitol which still raises blood sugars, so it's best to avoid those.
Dairy-free chocolate is a little easier to find. Lindt, for example, at the higher cacao % are dairy free (note: they may contain traces as they are manufactured in the same factory).
Sugar And Dairy Free Keto Easter Eggs - two flavours
This easy recipe for healthy Easter eggs is so simple, you can get your kids involved PLUS the Easter eggs are all made in one bowl. Anything for less washing up has to be a bonus.YES!!! Sugar and dairy free keto Easter eggs ... even if you're an absolute beginner!
I prefer my sugar-free Easter eggs to be vanilla flavoured, but 2 out of my 3 kiddos love peppermint flavour. If your family is divided on which flavour they prefer, then split the recipe in half, and flavour one half with peppermint essence and the other half with vanilla - everyone is kept happy.
Simply mix all the ingredients together, then take small spoons and roll as best you can into Easter egg shapes. Place on a lined baking/cookie tray and pop into the freezer for 5 minutes to set and harden.
Sugar-Free And Dairy-Free Chocolate
Now for the dairy-free chocolate coating. You have a few options here.
- Lindt 90% - this is my favourite as it is quick and easy and the dairy-free chocolate sets firm and solid.
- Sugar-free chocolate - a reminder to check ingredients carefully. Some sweeteners still raise blood sugars.
- Sugar-free magic shell - the sugar and dairy free coconut oil chocolate magic shell that I make for ice-cream is the perfect coating HOWEVER it must always be refrigerated as coconut oil has such a low melting point. To see the recipe, click here.
Top Tip: Another fun way to avoid all the sugar from Easter egg hunts, is to have an Easter hunt for toys and Easter styled gifts such as stationery, pencils and erasers.
Paleo Chocolate Easter Eggs
Guess what? These Easter eggs are Paleo too! So no matter who you have visiting this Easter, and no matter what their dietary requirements are, I'm pretty sure I've got you covered.
Other Low-Carb Chocolate Recipes You May Like
- Chocolate swirl baked cheesecake
- Chocolate green smoothie
- Chocolate heaven cake
- Pecan chocolate
- Chocolate mint truffles
- Mocha ice bombs
Sugar And Dairy Free Keto Easter Eggs - the recipe
Sugar and dairy free keto Easter eggs
Please rate this recipe
Sugar and dairy free keto Easter eggs
- Place all the Easter egg ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Roll a small spoon of the Easter egg mixture into egg-like shapes.
- Place each Easter egg onto a lined tray and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- If you would like to make the Chocolate Magic Shell, click here for the recipe.
- If you are using store-bought chocolate such as Lindt 90% (or a good quality sugar-free chocolate), melt gently then dip each cooled keto Easter egg into the melted chocolate and place back onto the lined tray.
- Pop back into the fridge to set.
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.
Want to start low-carb FAST?