Get ready for my famous sugar-free no-bake lemon cheesecake, one of the top low-carb dessert recipes for this entire website. This easy low-carb cheesecake pretty much sums up what we all love - easy, delicious and healthy.
If you love no-bake cheesecakes, this is a keeper at only 3g net carbs!
In this article you will find:
- Why do I prefer using sweeteners over store-bought packs?
- What ingredients you need to create your own sugar-free low-carb lemon cheesecake from scratch!
- Cooking video to walk you through the no-bake process.
- Ways to serve your cheesecake.
- How to have the right sweetness and tartness for the perfect bite!
- Recommended refrigeration time before serving
Sugar-Free Lemon Cheesecake - Which sweeteners to use?
These are great recipes for beginners and who want something FAST because you simply add cream cheese to store-bought sugar-free jelly/jello packets.
The ease, simplicity, and convenience especially help those who are new to baking and new to low-carb recipes.
However, I was never happy with the artificial sweeteners in the store-bought sugar-free jelly/jello packets.
So I decided to develop this lemon cheesecake using gelatin and my favourite sweetener, to replace the sugar-free jelly/jello packets.
Read more: The Ultimate Guide To Sweeteners
Ways to serve your lemon cheesecake
I have to say that this sugar-free no-bake lemon cheesecake is my favourite cheesecake I have ever developed.
It is so adaptable and can be served as one large family cheesecake, or it can be poured into individual ramekin dishes for instant portion control.
I generally serve it with whipped cream and thin slices of lemon.
You might even want to sprinkle some fine lemon zest over the top to give it a sparkle.
How to balance the tartness and sweetness
Make sure you taste the mixture BEFORE pouring the cheesecake into the serving dish.
Balancing flavour is such a personal measurement, so start with the recipe and tweak it as needed.
Adjust the amount of sweetener according to YOUR tastes and depending on how sour your lemons are. Taking this extra step will help you avoid a final dessert that you're just not in love with.
How long can no-bake cheesecake be stored in the fridge?
Ideally, you want to eat it within 4-5 days. Make sure to keep it covered tightly with plastic wrap or in an airtight container to maintain the moisture.
This will also help prevent it from absorbing other odors in your fridge.
For a longer storage time, you can freeze your cheesecake. Make sure it is fully set before you freeze or the setting process won't work as it should.
Freezing will allow you to keep your leftover cheesecake for 2-3 months.
ULTIMATE LOW-CARB BUNDLE: Want to start low-carb FAST? Learn how to start TODAY ... even if you're a complete beginner. This has everything you need to Ditch The Carbs ... and live your best life! DON'T WAIT - BUY NOW.
No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake
Recipe Video (tap to play)
Lemon Cheesecake Filling
- Mix all the ingredients and press into a greased and lined pie/flan dish.
- Pop in the fridge while making the cheesecake filling.
Lemon Cheesecake Filling
- Pour the boiling water into a large jug and whisk in the gelatine powder. Whisk until all dissolved.
- Add the remaining cold water.
- Add the cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and sweetener.
- Using a stick blender with the blade attachment, blend on a slow speed until smooth and lump free.
- Pour onto the prepared base.
- Refrigerate until set.
- No added sugar - any sugar in the nutritional panel comes from the coconut, almonds and lemon juice.
- Please taste the mixture before pouring into the dish. You will need to adjust the amount of sweetener according to YOUR tastes and depending on how sour your lemons are.
Lemon cheesecake ingredients: