Sugar Free September 2016
You guys are the best. This has been the most successful Sugar Free September challenge EVER! More have enrolled than ever, more have kept with the challenge than ever before and more of you are sending in your amazing success stories.
- 7000 readers took up the sugar free September challenge
- I ran 6 giveaways for sugar free baking packs and low carb cookbooks which were incredibly popular
- 30 posts were shared for Sugar Free September through subscriber’s email, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- 6 new recipes or articles were published
- Launched my new eBook which was a runaway success in it’s first week
- (Oh and behind the scenes, I completed a full kitchen renovation and survived the school holidays)
Below are the best quotes, recipes and photos from those completing the challenge.
Please leave your story in the comments at the end of this page.
Sugar Free September Success Stories
“I have loved #sugarfreeseptember. Great start to new life style 😊. I have lost 15kgs. Feel healthy and stronger than I ever have. Started great new habits. For me the main sugar craving went after the first week. My went the want for sweet got too bad. I drank sugar free hot chocolate with cream. Yum yum. And I took almonds everywhere. Eating out is challenge, ask to swap things out, croutons for almonds. Dressing for vinergar and oil. Love this new lifestyle. And those who are not supportive ignore them and let the just watch is soar to new heights of health. #ditchthecarbs became our recipe saviour. Thank you for all the great new meals I have enjoyed over the last month!!!!” NG
“Just want to say thank you so much for what you are doing! I’m so excited for sugar free September and I have forwarded your emails onto everyone I know. So many people still tell me I’m doing the wrong thing by eating this way, I guess all I can do is smile and try lead by example.
I can’t believe how many people criticize healthy eating (poor Pete Evans is getting hated on so much) very sad.
People like you, Pete Evans, Diet Doctor are all amazing people by making a stand for what you believe in. If it wasn’t for you guys I’d still be eating so called “healthy” food and wondering why I am still fat, sick, anxious & depressed! (My anxiety and depression 100% vanished after a month sugar free, so shocked!)” VP
“I’ve been trying to eat LCHF for maybe a year with inconsistent commitment and, as you might guess, not great results. I always ended up feeling better on this way of eating but never lost any weight (I’ve only had about 2-7 kgs to reach goal but simply couldn’t get there). This month was different. Thanks to Ditch The Carbs! I was fully committed for the month. No excuses. for the whole month. AND that question at the beginning before we started, about what would make it easier? I knew in my heart so I wrote it down- no added sugar but also no potatoes, no chips (my kryptonite), no wheat and no wine. Just for 4 weeks. I’ve lost 4.5 kgs and 5 cms off my waist but even better, I look at the chips and the caramel slices etc and think “meh” I don’t really want that/need that anymore. The hardest bit was creating new habits with meals etc. Not the depravation so much, honestly I missed most of it less than I thought I would. I will add in an occasional glass of wine but have already committed to another month of the same! I feel good- calmer, less edgy, def more stable sugar levels. I am looking better- skin is clearer, clothes are fitting better, belt went down a notch. And I have much better control over my eating -am better equipped to choose food for health and well being but also am eating less becasue the food I eat has better satiety and cravings are gone. Hallelujah!” SB
“The best thing about sugar free was I didn’t go to bed feeling guilty because I binged on food all day I learned how to cook from this sight my fridge was full so I never had to go with out ditch the carbs was always there on my internet to help me through the craving times eating out was a breeze noting what I can eat and not eat thank you even though I did go to the chocolate factory and did have lots of sugar I went straight on the net and I was back on track the next day and that’s a great achievement for me thank you Libby” HOK
“With minimal effort, I have found the LCHF meal plan to be an easier and simpler way to eat. The addition of increased healthy fats has helped to reduce my cravings to snack. I was motivated not to munch on a high carb snack by reminding myself that I want to be with my husband, family and friends for a good while longer and that I would not like seeing the number at my next blood glucose reading.
As a result, my blood sugars have stabilized, and thankfully I’ve lost (only😩) an inch in my overall measurements. I do have more energy. Thank you, Ditch the Carbs, for spearheading Sugar-Free September to inspire us to improve our health👏🏽
Your motto, aim for progress, not perfection, has helped to keep me focused with a positive mindset!” DP
Sugar Free September Challengers’ Tips & Tricks
- I make sure to eat healthy fats like coconut oil, olive oil, MCT oil which helps with satiety and sugar cravings.
- I cook my own food nothing packaged anymore.
- When I eat out I will order wild salmon with vegetables or a bun less burger with salad topped with vinegar.
- I’m down 22 pounds from being sugar free. I learned alot about reading labels and identifying hidden sugars. I have learned so much on this journey. I have also learned that DIET SODA was making me crave sugar(sweets).
- When I’m hungry, I’ll pop and make myself a tea of creamy coffee. The time it take sot make it and the drink allows the hunger and cravings to subside.
- I often ask myself “would I rather eat that cake or have size 10 pants?”. That works for me!
- I drink fizzy water while making dinner and a slice of lemon. It stops me from nibbling while cooking.
- My cravings for sugary foods is gone, it’s really unbelievable. Thank you Ditch the Carbs!
Sugar Free September Quotes
- “Weight loss and my double chin has gone away”
- “More energy and slept better”
- “Weight loss and better concentration”
- “From about day 2, brain was less ‘foggy’ and got better through the month”
- “Not getting sick once during pregnancy and having a clear mind after giving birth”
- “No longer craving sugar all the time like I used to”
- “Improved mood and improvement in my skin”
- “I just feel healthy following a sugar free doit”
- “Losing the sweet tooth after eliminating all sugars”
- “I’m doing great not binging, thank you”
- “My joint pain is almost gone”
- “I never though I would ever enjoy my tea or coffee without sugar, thank you”
Sugar Free September Photos – from Facebook and Instagram
So where to from here? If you have found you are loving living sugar free, for many the next step is to commit to living low carb. For many this is a natural progression.
Stay with me and you will receive new recipes when I publish them, and you can get help and advice from other supportive readers on Facebook. Weekly and monthly newsletters will be just enough to keep you on your toes and a little reminder to stick at it.
So why not treat yourself because you have done such an amazing job and achieved something that many haven’t. You deserve a little something for yourself to make life easier and healthier.
There are a number of books available (see mine below, and remember, subscribers get a secret discount code), there are meal plans you can buy to take out the stress. A meal plan and shopping list is sent each week to you. Or you can treat yourself to some new kitchen gadget or kitchen appliances.
100 Top Tips For Beginners