This month it is my pleasure to be hosting the 36th monthly Sweet NZ event on Ditch The Carbs. It is open to all kiwi bloggers (whether you are living in NZ or overseas) as well as non-kiwi bloggers living in NZ. Each month we ask for sweet recipes to be submitted. Here is a round up of last months June 2014 from MoveLoveEat. I think you’ll agree, they are beautiful. Sweet NZ is a blogging event created by Alessandra Zecchini.
You may think this goes against my low carb values, but because I am hosting it this month, Sweet NZ have given me permission to set a few guidelines. So this month is a bit of a challenge. I am asking for recipes submitted, to be as healthy and low carb as possible. I would love for everyone to experiment and see it is quite easy to do away with the sugar, and flour. And remember, all forms of sugar are seen equally by the body, there is no ‘healthy sugar’. So honey, agave, dried fruits etc, are all processed by the body into glucose. And avoid gluten free flours. They are incredibly high in carbohydrates because they are made with rice starch, tapioca, cornflour, or chickpea flour. I can’t wait to see what recipes you all come up with.
So this month, I’d love for your recipe to be –
- Sugar free
- Wheat free
- No honey
- No dried fruit
- No gluten free flours
I’ve added a few of my low carb sweet recipes above to give you inspiration. Go to my recipe finder to see more. Good luck x
So here are the guidelines for July 2014 Sweet NZ
- This is open to all bloggers living in NZ and all Kiwi bloggers living abroad.
- You van enter anything sweet, cakes, biscuits, slices, smoothies, desserts.
- You can enter as many recipes as you like. You can even submit old recipes and posts.
- Your entry must contain the phrase Sweet New Zealand, the Sweet NZ badge (chose your own size), and a link to this post – so if you are submitting an old post, remember to update it accordingly.
- To make submitting really easy, I’ve added a link tool at the end of this post.
- The link tool will be open from 1st July 2014 until 10am 30 July 2014. After which, I will post a round up of all the fabulous recipes entered.
And that is it, no more rules. Good luck and I am excited to see what will be entered.
[inlinkz_linkup id=421152 mode=1]