Keto Paleo Scotch Eggs
Paleo Scotch eggs are little powerhouses of protein. Who needs protein powders when you have Paleo Scotch eggs?
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Total Carbs: 0.5g
- 6 boiled eggs
- 500 g ground/mince pork or beef, or lamb
- 2 tsp herbs of choice optional
- 1 tsp onion flakes to garnish (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil the eggs as instructed above.
Mix the ground meat with the herbs, spices and salt.
Flatten a small handful as shown in the video. Place a boiled egg on top and start to mold the meat around the eggs. Add more meat if required to ensure the boiled egg is completely covered.
Press firmly to help the meat adhere to the egg.
Place on a lined baking tray and brush Scotch egg with oil and sprinkle onion flakes (optional).
Bake at 180C/350F for 15-20 minutes, or until golden on all sides. You may wish to turn the keto paleo Scotch eggs once whilst cooking to make sure they are golden all over.
- I use lean meat for keto paleo Scotch eggs. With less fat to render/melt while cooking, it makes sure the meat casing doesn't split during cooking.
- Nutrition is for the basic keto paleo Scotch eggs. Flavours and spices are in addition to this. For example add the following if used in the recipe or as a garnish.
- Onion flakes 1 tsp = 1.2g net carbs
- Parmesan grated/shredded 1 tsp = 0.9g net carbs
- Curry powder 1 tsp = 0.1g net carbs
Serving: 1keto paleo Scotch egg | Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.5g | Protein: 28.2g | Fat: 22.5g | Sugar: 0.5g