Once you make an east Keto reverse omelette you will never make a regular omelette the same way again!
Keto reverse omelettes are the perfect quick breakfast that you can enjoy at home or eat on the go. Keep reading to learn how to take this omelette on the road with you!
Easy Keto Reverse Omelette
If you are looking to mix up your breakfasts then a keto reverse omelette exactly what you are looking for. This omelette only takes a few minutes to make and is customizable to your tastes.
My family absolutely loves making reverse omelettes, and I love that my kids can join in to make this healthy breakfast in the morning.
In this article you will find:
- What is a reverse omelette?
- How to make a keto reverse omelette.
- The best keto filling recommendations for your reverse omelette.
- Eating a keto reverse omelette on the go.
- How to reheat a keto reverse omelette.
What Is A Reverse Omelette?
A reverse omelette is an omelette where the cheese is on the outside instead of inside the omelette. The cheese crisps as it cooks on the outside of the omelette and doesn't stick to the pan or burn.
The combination of crispy cheese and tasty keto fillings gives this breakfast amazing flavour. With a keto reverse omelette, you will have the fuel you need for an excellent morning.
How To Make A Keto Reverse Omelette
To make a reverse omelette you will first want to heat the pan over medium heat on the stove while you beat your eggs in a bowl and prep any fillings you want to add to your omelette. I like to keep my fillings simple with a slice of ham and a handful of baby spinach.
Once you have beaten your eggs sprinkle some cheese on the bottom of a medium skillet. You can use shredded cheese or sliced cheese.
Next, pour your eggs into the pan. Tilt your pan from side to side to make sure the eggs cover the entire bottom of the pan then cover the omelette with a lid.
Covering your pan with a lid will allow the eggs to cook evenly and will keep the cheese from burning.
When your eggs are almost cooked all the way through (just slightly runny) you can remove the lid, add your fillings, and then cover with a lid again to finish cooking for another minute.
Note: You must cook your omelette on medium heat. Cooking your omelette on high won't make it cook faster, it will just burn the cheese.
What Are The Best Keto Reverse Omelette Fillings?
Want more? Get your FREE CHAFFLE COOKBOOK HERE - 23 sweet & savoury recipes.
You can use any combination of meat or veggies in your omelette. Just keep in mind that your net carb count will change based on the fillings you use. You only need a little to fill your omelette.
If you choose a filling that has a longer cooking time I recommend you either cook it in advance (like bacon) or add it to the omelette right after adding the eggs to the pan (like diced onions/peppers).
Below are some keto-friendly omelette fillings you may like.
- cooked ground meat
- leftover grilled chicken
- capsicum/bell peppers
- fresh herbs
How To Eat Your Reverse Omelette At Home Or On The Go
After your reverse omelette is done cooking it is easy to slide onto a plate to enjoy. However, if you are short on time you may need to eat your omelette on the go.
Since the outside of the omelette is crispy and not soft you can easily eat this meal on the go like a taco. Simply wrap a folded omelette in a paper towel, foil, or parchment paper and take it with you.
How Do I Reheat A Keto Reverse Omelette?
A reverse omelette can be reheated in a skillet, microwave, or toaster oven.
If you are reheating it in a skillet be sure to use low heat and cover the omelette so that it heats evenly. Your omelette will only take 30-45 seconds to reheat in the microwave, and 1-2 minutes in a toaster oven.
Be sure to share your keto favorite omelette fillings and let us know which cheese is your favorite when making a reverse omelette. Enjoy!
Easy Keto Reverse Omelette
Recipe Video (tap to play)
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella or cheese of choice
- 1 cup fresh spinach or veggies of choice
- 1 oz ham or cooked meat of choice
- ½ tbsp garlic chili sauce garnish, optional
- ½ tsp fresh parsley garnish, optional
- Heat your skillet on medium heat on the stove. While the skillet is heating crack and beat your eggs in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to your eggs if desired.
- Once your skillet is hot sprinkle the bottom of the skillet with your cheese, or lay down your slice of cheese. Pour the eggs into the skillet on top of the cheese. Tilt your pan as needed to spread the eggs out. Cover your skillet with a lid and allow the eggs to cook until the eggs are slighly runny (about 2-3 minutes).
- Remove the lid and add your fillings to one half of the omelette. Place the lid back on the skillet and allow the eggs to finish cooking (about 1-2 minutes).
- When the eggs are done cooking remove the lid and run a spatula around the edges of the omelette. Slide the spatula under the omelette to fold it in half or to slide the omelette off the plate. Your reverse omelette can be served folded in half, openfaced, or wraped to be eaten on the go. Garnish and enjoy!