If you want a quick and easy sugar-free dessert, nothing is as fast as a simple low-carb sundae.
A simple low carb sundae with layered raspberries, blackberries, chocolate cream and whipped cream. It's a much better option than a McDonald's strawberry (?) sundae which has 65g carbs and a whopping 54g sugar!
Are McDonald's sundaes low-carb?
Imagine eating almost 11 sachets of sugar! When you can really visualise how much sugar, fast food desserts contain, it is staggering and puts you off them for life. Luckily, you can make this easy whipped cream recipe instead.
McDonald's strawberry shortcake sundae contains 54g of sugar. That's 11 teaspoons of sugar!
The sundae also contains corn syrup, bleached white flour, soybean oil, palm oil, corn starch .... hmm, no thanks.
You only need 6 simple ingredients and only 5 minutes to make this healthy dessert.
- Whipped cream - silky and smooth, not over whipped
- Sweetener of choice
- Berries (I like raspberries and blueberries)
- Cocoa powder (to make the chocolate topping)
- Coconut chips (for decoration and crunch) - optional
Please rate this recipe.
Quick Sugar-Free Sundae Recipe
- Whip the cream and sweetener together until quite firm, but do not over whip the cream, or it may split.
- Choose wine glasses or tumblers and start to layer the whipped cream alternately with the raspberries, blackberries and shredded coconut.
- Continue to create pretty layers. Reserve some whipped cream and stir through some cocoa powder.
- Top the simple low carb sundae off with more berries and the chocolate whipped cream as shown in the video.
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.