Lemon and coconut pork was a favourite dish my mother made for us when I was a child.
To convert the recipe to become lower carb, all I had to do was to omit the rice and throw extra vegetables into the wok.
Lemon And Coconut Pork Stir Fry (no rice)
We used to call our version of lemon and coconut pork dish - "pork and crunchy celery". The sauce was thickened with cornflour, and it was served with rice.
Are Stir Fries Low-Carb Or Keto?
If you are just starting out with low-carb cooking, you might wonder how do we eat stir-fries when they are generally served with rice? Easy peasy. Stir-fries are brilliant at being adapted to becoming low carb.
Firstly, avoid using any sweet or sticky sauces, they will be loaded with sugars and cornflour. Secondly, avoid the rice completely and add extra vegetables such as leafy greens, spinach, bok chop, broccoli. Serve each portion in a individual serving bowl.
So now you have an easy healthy family dinner with double the vegetables and possibly one third of the carbs.Amazing easy tips to make any stir fry low carb. The perfect quick, healthy, family meal.
Is There A Keto Rice Substitute?
If you still feel you miss rice, you can try my cauliflower rice, but instead of adding coriander, add a squeeze of lemon juice or Chinese spices so it suits this dish.
Watch my secret method using my food processor. No more mess to clean up. My quick and easy cauliflower rice technique.
Please rate this recipe.
Low-Carb Lemon and Coconut Pork Stir Fry Recipe
- oil of choice extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced crushed
- 2 tablespoon ground ginger crushed
- 500 g (1.1 lb) pork chops diced
- 1 broccoli cut into small florets
- ½ celery cut into ½cm
- 3 heads bok choy cut in half
- 2 red capsicum/bell pepper diced
- 250 ml (1 cup) beef stock
- 25 g (¼ cup) desiccated/shredded coconut
- ½ juice lemon
- Heat the oil in a wok on it's highest setting.
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
- Add the pork pieces and stir until cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Add the broccoli and beef stock, cook for another minute or two until the broccoli has softened.
- Add the capsicum, celery, bok choy, cook for another minute.
- Finally, add the desiccated coconut and lemon juice, Stir.
- Serve with more coconut on top.
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.
Add sodium count please
Libby - this is THE best stir fry! Thanks.
When you say x1 celery do you mean an entire head of celery or just x1 celery piece from the head?
I'm thinking one rib of celery.
Made this at the weekend - it was lovely 🙂
Absolutely loved this dish! I used chicken instead of pork, since my girlfriend is not a fan of pork, and it was still wonderful! I added some garlic chili paste for some added heat/flavor. I would definitely recommend it!
Looks yummy! Is that half a rib of celery?
Yes, thanks for checking 🙂
made this tonight !!! sooo yummy !!