Going to a family BBQ? Bring a bowl of bacon broccoli cauliflower salad and it will knock their socks off. I guarantee it will be the first salad from the salad bar to disappear.
Do you want to know what will make this low-carb bacon broccoli cauliflower salad even yummier? SOUR CREAM, of course!
You definitely have the ingredients for this! This salad is really easy to prepare. Scroll down to watch the quick video.
Bacon Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Salads are an easy go-to for side dishes with your favourite meals. They can get dull after making the same thing every so often – so why not try out the way I made it?
You’ll be able to convince your picky eaters to eat more veggies with this one!
And if you have been with me here for a while, you know my number one trick to get kiddos to eat their veggies? Yes, drown it in dressing. And every kid loves bacon!
This Easy Bacon Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe is a Keeper
When you think of salads, you’d immediately think of pretty much throwing together some raw vegetables, a few tomatoes and some leafy greens. Not very appealing and it can be a bit bland. No one likes bland.
But when you add all the low-carb ingredients that you love and go well with together, this is a healthy low-carb salad that will become a regular in your salad repertoire.
And because there are crunchy vegetables, smooth creamy sour cream, and smokey flavoured bacon with vinegar, there’s a definitely added dimension in taste and texture.
Crisp vegetables, crunchy bacon and creamy dressing. What’s not to love??
Customisable Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
You can change things up a little with this recipe, too! Why not add some nuts or seeds? Or add differently coloured cauliflower for an even prettier salad?
Eating vegetables just keeps getting easier! Your kids will approve of this one!
Watch the quick video to see just how easy this is to prepare. Why not make double and keep the rest for a packed lunch for work or school?
Low-Carb Bacon Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- 150 g (3 cups) broccoli chopped
- 150 g (3 cups) cauliflower chopped
- Steam the broccoli and cauliflower pieces for a few minutes, until just cooked. It's nice for them to be a little crunchy in the centre. Once cooked, strain the water, allow the steam to escape and set aside to cool.
- Gently fry the diced bacon until cooked and starting to brown. Remove from heat. Allow to cool.
Creamy Bacon Sauce
- In a large bowl, add the spring onion, sour cream, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix.
- Add the chopped seeds, nuts, bacon and bacon grease to the creamy sauce (keep a few nuts and bacon pieces aside, for garnish). Mix
- Gently stir the broccoli and cauliflower through the creamy bacon sauce and serve with a few nuts, seeds and bacon pieces to decorate.