Watch the quick video and see how easy it is to make broccoli and cauliflower bake, with a cheats cheese sauce.
Broccoli And Cauliflower Bake
I love finding new ways to eat more vegetables, especially for the children. Broccoli and cauliflower bake, is covered in an easy cheats cheese sauce and flavoured with a small amount of bacon. I like to add mustard powder, but garlic would be an amazing addition also.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Bake - with cheese and bacon
The cheats béchamel sauce is wheat free and gluten free. There is no need to make a traditional cheese sauce in a saucepan, my cheats version is made with natural yogurt and egg yolk then poured onto the vegetable bake. You can vary the vegetables you use, and vary the flavour you add to the sauce, depending on your tastes.
To learn my other low carb hacks, take a look at the info graphic here.Watch the quick cooking video for broccoli & cauliflower bake, with a cheat's cheese sauce
Low-Carb Broccoli and Cauliflower Bake
Recipe Video (tap to play)
- equal amounts of broccoli and cauliflower cut into small roughly 2 cups of each
- Place the broccoli and cauliflower pieces into a baking dish.
- Place all the ingredients into a measuring jug and whisk together with a fork.
- Pour over the vegetables and sprinkle some more grated cheese over the sauce.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the vegetables are cooked through.