If you've ever struggled to make cauliflower taste delicious, you will absolutely love whole roasted cauliflower with garlic butter.
Roasting cauliflower is such a nice change from mashed cauliflower.
Is cauliflower keto or low-carb?
Cauliflower is a commonly used keto vegetable because it is extremely versatile, low in carbs, high in fiber, and can be used in a variety of dishes.
Nutrition of cauliflower per cup (107g): 5.3 g total carbs, 2.1 g fiber, 3.2 g net carbs, 2.1 g protein, 0.3 g fat, 26 calories.
Nutritional values from cronometer.com
How to roast a whole cauliflower
An easy recipe for whole roasted cauliflower with butter, garlic and mustard. With minimal preparation, this has to be an incredibly simple addition to your Sunday roast.
1: Make your garlic butter
Melt your butter and mix with chopped fresh garlic (or crushed garlic), mustard, lemon, and parsley.
2: Prepare your whole cauliflower
Break the large leaves from your head of cauliflower and place in a roasting tray, baking dish, or even cake tin.
3: Brush your cauliflower with garlic butter
Using a pastry brush, work the garlic butter into all the folds of the cauliflower and make sure the entire surface is covered.
4: Bake and serve
As it cooks, you can continue to baste/brush the whole caul with garlic butter to ensure it cooks to be soft and full of garlic flavour. Cut into 6 pieces or slice and serve.
More keto cauliflower recipes
Cauliflower is such a versatile and nutritious vegetable. It can be used in so many ways instead of high carb side dishes when going low carb. Try these other cauliflower recipes.
Please leave a comment below and tell me how you like to serve cauliflower.
Whole Roasted Cauliflower (With Garlic Butter)
Please rate this recipe
- Remove all the leaves and the bottom of the stem from the cauliflower so it will sit level in the baking dish.
- Cut a deep cross into the stem so it cooks evenly.
- Mix the melted butter with herbs, garlic, and mustard.
- Place the prepared cauliflower in a baking dish and brush over the herb butter mixture.
- Place in the oven to roast at 180C/350F and brush occasionally with the herbed butter as it cooks.
- Test the centre with a knife or skewer to make sure it is cooked in the centre.