Easy cauliflower low-carb cheese bread is a tasty way to sneak your children some extra vegetables.
Keep reading to learn how to throw this recipe together in a few short minutes.
Only 2g net carbs per slice!
Easy Cauliflower Low-Carb Cheese Bread
Cauliflower is a magical low-carb vegetable because it can be used in so many different ways.
Cauliflower will take on the flavor of whatever seasonings it is cooked with. Because of this cauliflower is the perfect low-carb vegetable to make cheese bread.
Read more: Ultimate Guide To Low-Carb Vegetables
How to prepare cauliflower to make bread
You will need a lot of cauliflower rice/pearls to make cauliflower cheese bread.
You can buy uncooked cauliflower rice fresh at the store, or you can easily make your own uncooked cauliflower rice by pulsing fresh cauliflower in a food processor several times until it is broken up into small pieces. This is generally the cheaper option depending on the season.
What ingredients do you need?
You only need 4 simple ingredients, that you can find at your local grocery store. This healthy homemade bread is packed with nutrition, fibre, vitamins and is naturally gluten free and grain free.
- Cauliflower - rice/pearls (uncooked)
- Shredded/grated cheese - I like to use mozzarella but you may substitute any cheese that you prefer
- Eggs - you cannot substitute eggs for flaxseed/psyllium or chia "eggs". You need eggs for this homemade bread recipe.
- Bacon pieces - optional and this can be replaced with pepperoni or another highly flavored deli meat. It gives a lovely flavor to the low carb bread. If you are vegetarian, however, you may wish to add smoked paprika to give it a smokey flavor instead of the bacon.
Mixing Cauliflower Low-Carb Cheese Bread
To make cauliflower cheese bread you will want to mix together all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
Once everything is mixed together, add any additional seasoning or flavoring you want to the mix. Herbs, spices, and cooked bacon bits are all excellent additions to your cheese bread.
Feel free to mix up the flavorings to fit whatever meal you are serving. Add some chili when cooking a Mexican dish, or oregano when cooking Italian.
Baking Cauliflower Low-Carb Cheese Bread
Next, pour the cheese bread mix into a lined baking pan. Lining your pan with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper will keep the cauliflower bread from sticking to the pan.
Gently press the mixture into the pan evenly. If the mixture starts to separate you are likely pressing using too much pressure. That's ok though, just gently press the gaps back together.
Bake the cheese bread at 180C/350F for 20-30 minutes. Check your cauliflower bread at 20 minutes to see if it is done. If it is still soft in the middle stick it back in the oven to bake a little longer.
Want to start low-carb FAST? Learn how to start low-carb with the best deal of the year! DON'T WAIT - BUY NOW
Serving Ideas For Cauliflower Low-Carb Cheese Bread
When the low-carb bread is done baking, let it cool for a little while before cutting it and serving.
Enjoy your cauliflower cheese bread either warm or cold. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat the bread place it back in the over for a few minutes until it is warm. Enjoy!
Easy Cauliflower Low-Carb Cheese Bread
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- The recipe is very adaptable and at this point, you may add any herbs spices, bacon bits (cooked) that you prefer. Why not garlic? Rosemary? Chilli? All wonderful tasty ideas.
- Pour into a lined baking dish and using gentle pressure, press into the dish. Do not press too firmly otherwise the mixture may separate.
- Bake at 180C/ 350F for 20-30 minutes depending on the size and depth of your baking dish.
- Leave to cool a little before slicing. Enjoy hot or cold.
The Ultimate LOW-CARB Lunchbox Book: This isn’t about doing more, it’s about doing things DIFFERENTLY!! DON'T WAIT - BUY NOW