This DELICIOUS two cheese pesto chicken is tasty yet incredibly simple to make. I would almost call this an idiot-proof recipe
I love simple roasted chicken breasts, stuffed with cheese. Now add pesto to the mix and you'll be enjoying a tasty dinner tonight.
Of course, chicken is one of the most budget-friendly proteins around, so when your local grocer has chicken breast on sale...stock up! There are quite a few amazing chicken breast-based recipes here at Ditch the Carbs.
How to prepare chicken breasts
Place each chicken breast on a chopping board. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice through the thickest part of the chicken breast but not all the way through. You want to create a pocket ready for the stuffing.
How stuff chicken breasts
Before you begin, get all your chicken stuffing ingredients ready because once you start to handle raw chicken, you won't want to touch, or contaminate anything else.
1: Mix - the cream cheese and pesto in a small bowl.
2: Cut - each chicken breast to form a packet that can take the filing and cheeses.
3: Fill - Place slices of your favorite cheese inside each chicken breast.
4: Add the pesto mix - place spoons of the cream cheese and pesto creamy filling inside.
5: Prepare to bake - gently lift each filled chicken breast and place into an oile dor lined baking dish.
Sprinkle with grated/shredded cheese.
Bake as per recipe until completely cooked into the centre.
While your delicious budget-friendly chicken dinner is cooking, prepare some vegetables or a side salad to accompany the dinner.
How to cook in the oven
Simply throw this all together, bake for 30-40 minutes and forget about it. You can vary the type of cheese you add and if you want, even cover the chicken breast with some tinned/canned chopped tomatoes to make a cheat's cheesy tomato sauce by the end of the cooking time.
Pesto has to be one of the tastiest and easiest condiments to use. Add to tinned/canned tomatoes for an easy pasta sauce, mix with cream cheese for a salad topping or a dip.
Howto cook using an air fryer
Using an air fryer to cook creamy stuffed chicken is quick and easy.
- Preheat to 180C/350F.
- Spray the wire basket with cooking oil.
- Gently place each chicken piece into the oiled basket. Ensure there is plenty of space between them.
- Cook for 20 minutes, open the drawer and rotate each piece. Do not flip each breast of chicken becuase the creamy fillig will begin to fall out.
- Cook for a further 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of chicken breasts pieces being cooked. Chicken must be completely cooked into the centre of each piece.
If you love using your air fryer, I have 101 keto air fryer recipes for you to choose from (chicken, pork, ground beef, salmon, vegetables, and even desserts). Discover how to use your air fryer plus FREE printable air fryer cooking cheat sheets.
Two Cheese Pesto Chicken (keto friendly)
Please rate this recipe
- Mix the pesto with the cream cheese.
- Slice the chicken breasts almost in half.
- In each chicken breast, place a slice of mature cheese and pesto/cream cheese mixture.
- Place in a baking dish and cook at 180C/350F for 30-40 minutes until thoroughly cooked and all the juices run clear when you push a knife or a skewer through the thickest part.