These sugar-free & low-carb lemon meringue pies are the perfect way to portion-controlled dessert.
And at only 3.3g net carbs, they will keep you on track while not being deprived at all.
Mini sugar-free lemon meringue pies
These little deconstructed sugar-free lemon meringue pies are the perfect way to portion control your dessert servings.
You can make the 3 layers ahead of time, then put the desserts together when you need to serve.
Which lemons are best for lemon curd?
Simply choose your favourite variety of lemon, I personally like Meyer lemons. But each lemon tree and each lemon will vary considerably in its sweetness or sharp taste.
To ensure your lemon curd turns out beautifully, please continue to taste and add more sweetener until you find the perfect balance between sweet and sharp taste.
TOP TIP: As with ALL recipes here, ALWAYS taste your batter BEFORE cooking to ensure you have added enough sweetener to suit YOUR tastebuds. Read the Ultimate Guide To Low-Carb Sweeteners.
How to assemble mini lemon meringe pies
Let me show you exactly how to make deconstructed mini lemon meringue pies.
If you make the crumble, lemon custard/curd, and meringue separately, you can assemble them ahead of time and keep them in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Step 1: Mix all the ingredients together for the crumble topping and place on a baking sheet and bake until golden. Stir occasionally t ensure it doesn't;t burn and to make sure all the biscuit crumbs are crunchy.
If you are making this ahead of time, allow to cool completely before placing in an airtight jar or container to keep the crunchy topping crispy.
Step 2: Make the sugar-free lemon curd (lemon cutard).
You can even make lemon curd a day ahead and store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
Step 3: Make beautiful, fluffy sugar-free meringues.
How to make a family sized lemon meringe pie
Another option is to make one large family-friendly low-carb and sugar-free healthy lemon meringue pie.
I generally pop this in the oven once dinner is being served, and it will be baked ready to eat after you have finished the main meal.
It can also be made ahead of time, and cooled so you can enjoy it cold (my preference).
More sugar-free lemon curd recipe
You may like to print and save these family-friendly and budget-friendly low-carb healthy recipes too:
- Keto sugar-free pavlova
- Sugar-free meringue roulade
- Large lemon meringue pie
- Low-carb lemon curd mug cake
LOW-CARB SWEET TREATS: Who else wants to enjoy parties AND stay on track? Get all the healthy low-carb recipes you’ll need – visit the LOW-CARB SHOP
Low-Carb Lemon Meringue Pies Recipe
Please rate this recipe.
Lemon custard (curd)
- Mix all the ingredients together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs or biscuit crumbs.
- Spread the crumble mixture over a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 10-15 minutes until golden. Turn once or twice in this time so the crumbs brown all over and cook until crispy.
- Remove from the oven.
Lemon custard (curd)
- While the crumble is baking, whisk together the egg yolks, whole egg, sweetener and lemon juice/zest in a saucepan.
- Heat over a very gentle heat (whisking continuously) until it is a smooth custard consistency.
- Add the butter and mix again while melting. Stir until thickened again.
- Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the egg whites and sweetener until stiff peaks form.
- Place 6 circles of meringue on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 10 - 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Divide the crumble mixture between the 6 glasses or mason jars.
- Divide the lemon custard/curd on each of the bases.
- Place a baked meringue on top of each to complete the sugar-free & low-carb lemon meringue pies.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
2,500 RECIPES - MEAL PLANS - COOKBOOKS
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.