I truly believe these are the best sugar-free & low-carb lemon meringue pies I have ever made.
In addition, at only 3.3g net carbs, they will keep you on track while not being deprived at all!
Sugar-Free & Low-Carb Lemon Meringue Pies
These little deconstructed sugar-free & low carb lemon meringue pies are incredible. You can make the 3 layers ahead of time, then put it all together when you need to serve – hurray!Easy sugar-free low carb lemon meringue pies. Can be enjoyed hot or cold
I do have another family sized low-carb lemon meringue pie (see below), and this is beautiful if you want the traditional, large pie to be sliced hot or cold at the dinner table.
The following images show you exactly how to make deconstructed sugar-free & low-carb lemon meringue pies.
If you make the crumble, lemon custard/curd and meringue separately, you can assemble them ahead of time and keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
You can even make these a day ahead – genius!
Family Sized Low-Carb Lemon Meringue Pie (large)
Another option is to make one large family friendly low-carb and sugar-free healthy lemon meringue pie.
I generally pop this in the oven once dinner is being served, and it will be baked ready to eat after you have finished the main meal.
It can also be made ahead of time, and cooled so you can enjoy it cold (my preference). Click here to see the recipe.
Low-Carb Lemon Meringue Pies
Lemon custard (curd)
- 6 egg whites
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- Mix all the ingredients together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs or biscuit crumbs.
- Spread the crumble mixture over a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 10-15 minutes until golden. Turn once or twice in this time so the crumbs brown all over and cook until crispy.
- Remove from the oven.
Lemon custard (curd)
- While the crumble is baking, whisk together the egg yolks, whole egg, sweetener and lemon juice/zest in a saucepan.
- Heat over a very gentle heat (whisking continuously) until it is a smooth custard consistency.
- Add the butter and mix again while melting. Stir until thickened again.
- Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the egg whites and sweetener until stiff peaks form.
- Place 6 circles of meringue on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 10 - 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Divide the crumble mixture between the 6 glasses or mason jars.
- Divide the lemon custard/curd on each of the bases.
- Place a baked meringue on top of each to complete the sugar-free & low-carb lemon meringue pies.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
How to give up sugar - FREE 5 day mini course
Join my FUN mini challenge. You will learn:
- The 30 ways sugar is damaging you
- How to snack smarter
- How to eat out AND stay sugar free
- How sugar is hiding from you
- See what's in my pantry
- How to live sugar free for life!