No more guessing ... try the BEST keto and low-carb macro calculator PLUS I'm giving you a FREE 5-Day Meal Plan & Shopping List.
It is completely FREE and you will have your own macro goals depending on whether you want to lose weight or maintain weight.
It works for a low-carb diet and a keto diet.
Table of contents
What are macros?
Macronutrients are carbs, fat and protein. Micronutrients are vitamins and minerals.
- Carbohydrates - are simple sugars and starches. All digestible carbohydrates will raise your blood sugars and trigger an insulin demand, trigger hunger and affect mood, mental clarity, skin, inflammation to name just a few. There are no essential carbohydrates.
- Protein - supplies our body with essential amino acids which are the building blocks for muscle growth.
- Fats - provide the essential fatty acids that our body and brain needs. Choose healthy fats with minimal processing.
What is keto?
Generally, a keto diet is considered to be:
- less than 20g net carbohydrates per day
- high in healthy fats
- moderate to high protein (1.5 - 2.5 g/kg of lean body mass). In imperial units, that’s 0.7 - 1.4 g/lbs of lean body mass)
By lowering your carbs to this level, it will put your body into a metabolic state called nutritional ketosis. This state of nutritional ketosis is what allows your body to become extremely efficient at burning fat.
You become a fat burner, not a sugar burner.
How do you calculate macros?
With the FREE macro calculator below, simply enter all your details and it will calculate how much protein, fat and calories you need to reach your goal.
What are the benefits of reducing carbs
- every person will benefit from some form of carbohydrate restriction.
- improves appetite regulation
- increases energy levels so you actually want to be active
- improves blood lipid ratios, blood pressure
- weight loss
- reduce vascular inflammation, which is the cause of most modern diseases, and is linked to CVD, diabetes, dementia, cancer
- decreasing carbs increases the fat transporting enzymes AND increase the rate at which the mitochondria (powerhouses of your cells) utilize fat
- increase whole, real foods leading to an increase in nutrients
Read more: Advantages of low-carb nutrition
What is the best app to count macros?
With so many apps available online these days, it’s hard to cut through the noise and find simple yet effective and accurate apps that suit individual needs - in this case, counting carbs!
The most popular and incredibly accurate app that:
- has a ketogenic macro calculator that will give you carb, fat and protein targets for your current body weight.
- track your MACROnutrients and MICROnutrients.
- monitor your blood glucose, ketone levels, weight, heart rate and even blood pressure.
You can quickly and accurately track your carbs, fat, protein PLUS it also give you nutrition scores. You will see if you have hit your daily target for each vitamin, mineral, lipids, and amino acids.
Accurate - Easy - Set goals - Set macros - Ketogenic Calculator - Monitor Biomarkers
FREE keto weekly meal plan
I want to ensure you have everything you need to get started.
I have a FREE 5-day meal plan for you, with a shopping list, pantry guide and progress tracker.
How To Estimate Body Fat
To use the macro calculator, you need to estimate your body fat. These pictures are easy to use so you can estimate your %.
Why is body shape important?
Should you restrict your carbs even if you are slim? Your body composition, where you store your fat, is a crucial factor.
Those who carry excess weight mainly around the tummy are more likely to be insulin resistant. Apple shape (band of tummy fat) should be more aware of their carb intake compared with pear-shaped (mainly bottom-heavy).
So if you have always had skinny legs but notice a tummy starting to appear, then watch your carbs as it is this visceral (tummy) fat which is more dangerous to your internal organs.
SET YOUR OWN carb/fat/protein goals
The keto calculator will help you set your carb limits, your protein targets and your fat limits.
- Carbs - set your limit. 20g is keto, 50g is low-carb, 100g is moderate low-carb
- Protein - is a target. The amount required by each individual will vary depending on your level of activity
- Fat - is a limit. It is a myth that a keto diet should be based on high excessive amounts of fat. The calculator will show you the MAXIMUM fat each day.
How much protein is too much?
Too little protein and your appetite will not be stable, too much and you may
Protein is satiating, protein is required for our essential amino acids. Choose quality protein sources.
What Does 30g Protein Look Like? CLICK HERE.
FREE Low-Carb And Keto Macro Calculator
Heightmeters (e.g. 1.76 meters = 176 cm)
Specify the amount of daily net carbs you'd like to consume. Typically, 20-30 grams is recommended to start with.
Maintenance level is the level at which your weight remains stable.
|Your BMR is:||1536||kcal|
|Calories to consume:||2027||kcal|
|Your fat intake should be:||184||grams|
Sorry, cannot offer any weight loss suggestions. Please use the Custom section for weight loss macro targets.
Your body fat is too low. You should have a minimum of 3% body fat (essential fat you cannot lose). It is not advisable for you to lose any more weight.
Based on the amount of net carbs you specified, it would impossible to lose any weight. Please, reduce the amount of net carbs and try again.
Below is a range of calorie deficits to help you lose weight. For best results, it is recommended that you opt for a moderate calorie deficit of 10-20%.
Small calorie deficit (11%)
|Calories to consume:||1804||kcal|
|Your fat intake should be:||159||grams|
Moderate calorie deficit (22%)
|Calories to consume:||1581||kcal|
|Your fat intake should be:||134||grams|
Large calorie deficit (33%)
|Calories to consume:||1358||kcal|
|Your fat intake should be:||109||grams|
Below is a range of calorie surpluses to help you bulk up and gain muscle size. Keep in mind that you will need to add physical activity (weight training) in order to increase your muscle mass. For best results, it is recommended that you opt for a moderate calorie surplus of 10-20%.
Calorie surplus (10%)
|Calories to consume:||2231||kcal|
|Your fat intake should be:||206||grams|
Calorie surplus (15%)
|Calories to consume:||2332||kcal|
|Your fat intake should be:||218||grams|
Calorie surplus (20%)
|Calories to consume:||2434||kcal|
|Your fat intake should be:||229||grams|
Enter the calorie intake adjustment. For a calorie deficit (weight loss) enter a negative value (e.g. -10) while for a calorie surplus (weight gain) enter a positive value (e.g. 15). It is recommended that you opt for a moderate calorie deficit or surplus.
Custom adjustment (0%)
|Your BMR is:||1536||kcal|
|Calories to consume:||2028||kcal|
|Your fat intake should be:||184||grams|