Paleo prawn cocktail is so incredibly easy, and can be used as a base for a simple salad. Why not add sliced celery, peppers, or even chilli powder then place over a leafy green salad for a complete meal.
Paleo Prawn Cocktail -
I am certain that if paleo caveman had a freezer and a stick blender he would have come up with this fabulous idea.
I haven't eaten prawn cocktails since my childhood. Such a simple recipe and another way to add more seafood into your diet. You can serve it as an appetiser, lunch, dinner, school lunch or as an 'anytime' snack.
I always have a bag of frozen prawns in the freezer in case I have run out of fresh food for lunch boxes. Like tuna mayonnaise, it is an old faithful to fall back on when you don't have a chance to go to the supermarket.I am certain that if paleo caveman had a freezer and a stick blender he would have come up with this fabulous idea.
Paleo prawn cocktails are dairy free, gluten free, no seed oils, no sugars, no grains just prawns, tomato paste and mayonnaise. I even feel guilty calling this a recipe, but these kind of ideas seem to be really popular. Use my easy peasy homemade mayonnaise recipe.
Paleo Prawn Cocktail
- Defrost the prawns/shrimps as instructed. Allow the water to drain off then pat dry with some kitchen paper.
- Mix the mayonnaise, tomato paste and chilli powder then fold thorough the prawns/shrimps.
- Serve in glasses, as a side dish or in a bowl as part of a buffet. To make it really retro, place lettuce leaves in the glass first or on the serving dish. Garnish with a sprig of parsley.
How to give up sugar - FREE 5 day mini course
Join my FUN mini challenge. You will learn:
- The 30 ways sugar is damaging you
- How to snack smarter
- How to eat out AND stay sugar free
- How sugar is hiding from you
- See what's in my pantry
- How to live sugar free for life!