If you are a lover of salted chocolate treats, you'll fall in love with my salted keto peanut butter cups for sure.
Made with 5 simple ingredients and only 2.8g net carbs per keto chocolate.
Having quick and easy sugar-free chocolate recipes on hand is an easy way to give up sugar cravings and chocolate cravings.
Are peanut butter cups keto?
No, peanut butter cups are not keto and are filled with added sugar and are high in carbs.
If you love Reece's peanut butter cups, you may want to give them up once you discover the nutrition labels show each Reece's cup contains 11g sugar and 12g carbs.
This recipe for keto salted peanut butter cups, however, only has 1.6g sugar and 2.8g net carbs. And the best bit? The salt gives them that extra punch of chocolate flavor.
This easy recipe for salted peanut butter cups is only made with 5 simple ingredients, that you may already have in your cupboard already.
Sweetener - use your favorite powdered sweetener to replace sugar that is normally found in regular chocolate peanut butter cups. Sweeteners such as erythritol, monk fruit, stevia, or allulose all work well in this keto chocolate recipe.
Butter - use salted butter or unsalted butter, the choice is yours. Adjust the amount of salt you add to the sugar-free peanut butter mixture before pouring it into your mini cupcake cases.
Sugar-free chocolate chips - always read the ingredients label to make sure approved sweeteners have been used and avoid all maltitol (which is not keto).
Vanilla extract - or vanilla essence makes the peanut butter taste like Reece's peanut butter cups.
All quantities, ingredients, and instructions are in the recipe card below.
Peanut butter - instead of peanut butter, you can use your favorite nut butter such as almond butter.
Butter - to make dairy-free peanut butter cups, you can use coconut oil instead of butter, however, the creamy buttery flavor will be missing so you may need to add extra sweetener and vanilla extract.
How to make homemade peanut butter cups
STEP 1: Make the sugar-free chocolate layer.
Gently melt the chocolate, powdered sweetener, and butter together in a saucepan or in the microwave. Mix.
Pour half the melted sugar-free chocolate mixture into lined mini muffin/cupcake cases. Place in the fridge to set.
STEP 2: Make the sugar-free peanut butter layer.
Mix the melted butter and peanut butter together until it is smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sweetener and vanilla.
Place a spoon of the peanut butter mixture onto the chocolate-lined cupcake cases.
STEP 3: Pour the final sugar-free chocolate layer.
Top each peanut butter cup with the remaining melted chocolate layer.
Top tip: You don't want the peanut butter layer to be too hot when pouring as it will melt the chocolate layer below and the chocolate that is about to be poured from above.
STEP 4: Cool to set.
Place the sugar-free keto peanut butter cups in the fridge to set then garnish with peanuts and salt.
You may omit adding the melted butter and sweetener to the chocolate layer and simply use 90% chocolate instead.
However, after experimenting many times, I found by adding some butter, allowed the chocolate layer to be a little softer than 90% chocolate so when you bite into it, the chocolate doesn't snap and the peanut butter filling ooze out all over your hands.
The added sweetener is optional, but it gives it that extra sweet taste so these taste exactly like regular Reece's peanut butter cups.
Please rate this recipe.
Salted Keto Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
Peanut Butter Layer
- Melt the chocolate, sweetener and butter together. Mix.
- Pour half the mixture into lined mini muffin/cupcake cases. Place in the fridge to set.
- Mix the melted butter and peanut butter. Add the powdered sweetener and vanilla (you don't want this layer to be too hot when pouring as it will melt the chocolate below and the chocolate that is about to be poured from above).
- Place a spoon of the peanut butter mixture onto the chocolate-lined cupcake cases. Top each peanut butter cup with the remaining chocolate layer.
- Place in the fridge to set then garnish with peanuts and salt.
- Chocolate - you may either use 90% chocolate or sugar free chocolate. The calculations in this recipe for the nutritional panel were made using Lindt 90%.
- Please check labels for sugar free chocolate. Many contain maltitol which can raise blood sugars as much as sugar.
COOKBOOKS - MEAL PLANS - PANTRY
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.
More keto peanut butter recipes
if you love keto chocolate recipes with nuts, these are the most popular easy keto candy recipes using peanut butter, walnuts, or a nut substitute such as tahini.
- 9 best keto peanut butter recipes
- The best keto peanut butter cheesecake recipe (no-bake cheesecake)
- Keto peanut butter fudge
- Nut free peanut butter cookies
- Keto peanut butter smoothie recipe
- Chocolate peanut butter smoothie
- Chocolate & walnut keto fudge