These colourful low-carb stuffed peppers are a hit. Each pepper is stuffed with the tasty beef, then baked in the oven with a topping of grated/shredded cheese.
Watch the video then scroll to the bottom to see the secret to making these keto stuffed peppers.
Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers
You can easily vary the stuffed pepper mince/ground beef recipe to be Mexican by adding chilli, cumin and coriander or Indian by adding curry powder.
Traditionally, baked stuffed peppers are Spanish, but you can make them any way you want.Check these out!! Low-carb stuffed peppers. There's even a quick cooking video.
I had left over mince/ground beef from this dish so baked them in ramekin dishes with cheese, this reduces the carbs by 6g. My 7 year old made me save one so he could take it to school today for his lunch.
- Heat the butter and fry the onion and garlic on a medium heat.
- Add the mince/ground beef and brown thoroughly.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and stir.
- Simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes to reduce the liquid and thicken the mixture. Stir occasionally.
- Cut the tops from the peppers,cut in half and remove all the seeds.
- Press the beef mixture into each pepper firmly, then place each one in an oiled baking dish.
- Sprinkle with grated/shredded cheese.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 20 minutes.
TOP TIP : If you love low-carb stuffed peppers but would like them to be even lower carb, why not just cook the beef in small ramekin dishes (see above) and do without the pepper/capsicum completely. You will still get all the flavour of the beef and spices, but without the carbs from the peppers. Sprinkle with plenty of your favourite cheese and voila!
If you would like to know all the carbs in vegetables, read my article The Ultimate Guide To Carbs In Vegetables