This is the ultimate LCHF breakfast, high in protein and good quality healthy fats to start the day off. Get rid of those cereals, wholegrains and all natural organic cereals which belong more in the dessert aisle than the breakfast aisle.
Boiled Eggs & Cheese Soldiers
Go back to good old fashioned boiled eggs and soldiers, but cheese soldiers. There is no way you will be hungry again in a few hours, like a breakfast full of grains and sugar will make you.
Children and adults alike will love this incredibly simple meal. And why are cereals and wholegrains so bad for us I hear you ask? Well take a look at this post how cheap grains are turned into socially acceptable foods, and ponder this - why would we eat grains when they are used to fatten animals before slaughter, grains are force fed to geese and ducks to create fatty liver disease for foie gras, and why is it grains are the biggest source of calories in the 'modern' world, yet are incredibly nutrient poor?This is the ultimate LCHF breakfast - boiled eggs and cheese soldiers. Genius!
We are the most overfed and undernourished generation in history. And one last thing, the food pyramid was never meant to have so many servings of grains until the wheat lobbyists got hold of it and exerted their pressure back in the 1970's.
Please rate this recipe.
The Ultimate Keto Breakfast Recipe
- 1 eggs - medium
- 50 g (1.8 oz) full fat cheese
- Place your egg in a saucepan of cold water, cover with a lid and bring the water and eggs to the boil.
- Once the water is really boiling and bubbling away, turn the heat off, and place the saucepan (with the water and eggs) to rest away from the heat.
- Set your timer and leave your eggs in the saucepan of hot water for the following times.
- Soft and runny centre = 4 minutes
- Semi soft centre = 6 minutes
- Medium = 10 minutes
- Hard boiled = 16 minutes
- Once your eggs are cooked to your desire, drain the water immediately and either serve hot or run under cold water to be kept in the fridge once totally cooled.
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.