These really are the easiest little best low-carb chocolate cookies to make and are just the right size to help satisfy that sweet craving we sometimes have.
These gluten free chocolate cookies have no added sugar, wheat free, and grain free with only 2.7 net carbs.
Best Low Carb Chocolate Cookies -
My children loved them and named them the "best low carb chocolate cookies ever!" so hence the title.
I have shown 3 ways to decorate them, but I'm sure you can come up with a dozen more ideas.
The addition of some 90% dark chocolate really lifts them up and makes them look like a regular biscuit but without the sugar, bad fats and horrendous carbs. And with these little babies, you really can stop at just 1, not watch as the entire batch used to disappear before your eyes.At only 2.7g net carbs, these amazingly low-carb cookies are on the menu this weekend.
I think that is the real benefit of low carb baking and this way of eating. With carb heavy baking, you lose the stop signal and end up eating more and more. With low carb baking your blood sugars don't rise, your insulin doesn't rise and your appetite stays in control.
I don't make sweet treats as often as I used to (that's part of the ethos of going low carb is to give up sweet tastes) and I really savour each one.
These delicious cookies are not only sugar free, but gluten free and grain free.
Baking Products I Use
To see all the ingredients and gadgets I use in all my recipes and cooking videos, check out my Low-Carb Keto Shop on Amazon.
- I use ground almonds or almond meal in my baking as it is cheaper than almond flour. It is not as fine as almond flour but you can use either. If you have a powerful blender, you can actually make your own ground almonds.
- I use Natvia brand of stevia or Swerve erythritol. They are both granulated and measures spoon for spoon, although I use much less than most other recipes state. I always add a note in my recipes to add stevia (or your own sweetener of choice) to taste. Everyone is on a different part of their journey to give up sugar so what one person might taste as just right, another will taste as far too/not enough sweetness.
- Desiccated Unsweetened coconut comes as shredded, flaked, thread and fine. Make sure it is the unsweetened variety. For making I use shredded or fine and keep the thread and flaked coconut for my grain free granola.
- Chocolate, without a doubt my favourite is Lindt 90% Cocoa. If you can't find this in your local store, use the highest % of cacao you can find.
- To see exactly what is in my pantry, click here.
Best Low Carb Chocolate Cookies
- Mix the softened butter, sweetener and cocoa together until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Roll mixture into 14 small balls, then place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press down with a fork.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 15-20 minutes.
How to give up sugar - FREE 5 day mini course
Join my FUN mini challenge. You will learn:
- The 30 ways sugar is damaging you
- How to snack smarter
- How to eat out AND stay sugar free
- How sugar is hiding from you
- See what's in my pantry
- How to live sugar free for life!