Best Low-Carb Snacks
Why do we snack? Hunger, boredom, taste, habit? I used to snack, and snack on all the wrong foods.
By changing to low carb, LCHF and real food, you can finally understand your appetite. Being in control of your appetite is the biggest hurdle for anyone who wants to control their weight. By eating low carb
By eating low carb and high fat, you are sustained for longer and no longer have those low sugar crashes after you eat something sweet. Your focus turns to nutrition rather than hunger.
These are my favourite best low-carb snacks.
When you want to snack, it is vital to have some healthy snacks at hand. What makes a good low carb snack? Obviously something low in sugar, but also no wheat or grains. Go for some protein and plenty of good fat. Many think it’s crazy to snack on fatty foods, but we must get over the fear of fat.These are the perfect easy 35 best low-carb snack ideas to try. Some take no prep whatsoever!!!
We’re not talking the bad fats found in burgers, fries and cakes. We want good fats such as cheese, nuts, meat, fish, and eggs.
All those things for years we have been told to avoid. And where did that get us? Snacking on carbohydrate-rich whole grain crackers, bread, crisps, chocolate.
Good fat is full of Vitamins A, D, E and K, the fat-soluble vitamins. Choose snacks that aren’t processed, and are as close to their natural state as possible.
Here are my Best Low Carb Snacks. Keep some on hand so if you really want a snack, you can make a good choice.
Eat real food, not products.
Best Low-Carb Snacks – EASY
These Best Low-Carb Snacks are easy to make and some don’t need any preparation. They are portable so are great to have in your desk drawer at work, or packed for lunch.
- EGGS – this has to be my favourite. Have a bowl of hard-boiled eggs in the fridge or work. An easy, portable snack with a good amount of protein and fat to keep that appetite in check.
- NUTS – make a little pot each morning and nibble on them throughout the day. Don’t go for unlimited quantities of nuts, they can be high in carbs which soon add up. Go for lower carb nuts such as macadamias, almonds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Avoid cashews. Click here to see: Ultimate Guide To Carbs in Nuts & Seeds Chart.
- CHEESE – have cubes of cheese on hand. Try different cheeses too. Watch the carbs in some cheeses. They can sometimes sneak in with hidden dried fruits, nuts and even wheat and starch in pre-shredded/grated cheeses.
- COLD MEAT – keep the leftovers from last nights dinner or roast. Ham, salami, pepperoni, chicken, etc.
- VEGETABLE SLICES – have with some kind of fat such as cheese, cream cheese, olives.
- FISH– keep tinned/canned tuna in the pantry or your desk, tuna mayonnaise, smoked salmon and cream cheese.
- BERRIES – add some full fat cream or coconut cream. Click here to see: Ultimate Guide To Carbs In Fruit
- AVOCADO – a great source of fat, vitamins, and nutrients. Cut in half and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- OLIVES – make a container with cheese, olives and vegetable sticks.
- DARK CHOCOLATE – go for the highest cacao percentage and the lowest amount of carbs. If you don’t like dark chocolate, gradually increase the cacao % each time you buy a block. You will learn to love the slightly bitter taste and won’t want to go back to chocolate ‘like’ bars. And because it is slightly bitter, you will only want 1 or 2 squares to satisfy.
Best Low-Carb Snacks – SOME PREP REQUIRED
These Best Low-Carb Snacks need a little more preparation. They are especially great for entertaining or are asked to bring nibbles to a party.
- Pork crackling – the ultimate best low-carb snack
- Wheat Free Crackers
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Avocado boats – 3 ways
- Paleo Calamari Rings
- Low Carb Spring Rolls
- Bacon Guacamole Cups by All Day I Dream About Food
- Crustless Mini Quiches
- Low Carb Cauliflower Sushi
- Low Carb Beef Jerky by I Breathe, I’m Hungry
- Low Carb Cauliflower Bacon Popcorn
- Paleo Scotch Eggs
- Baked Kale Chips by Nom Nom Paleo
- Stuffed Peppers
- Roast Cauliflower Hummus by Oh My Veggies
- Eggplant Parmesan Bites
- Broccoli Pesto by Green Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Green Smoothie
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- Easy Low-Carb Snack Tray
- Bread Free Ham Rolls
- Mini Meatloaf
- Low Carb Ham and Egg Cups
- Tasty keto chicken drumsticks – 4 ways
- Sugar-Free Spiced Almonds
For even more snack recipes, check out my Top 10 Low-Carb Snacks and printable chart for your pantry or fridge.
And why not take a look at my pantry guide, everything you need to stock your low-carb pantry.