Looking for a super simple low carb recipe that also just happens to be gluten-free AND keto? Your taste buds are going to love these Bacon Low-Carb Stuffed Meatballs!
Seriously, YUM - Who wouldn't want these low-carb bacon stuffed meatballs with a cream cheese filling served with spaghetti squash? This delicious dinner makes for the perfect healthy family meal.
If by chance there are any leftovers, they make amazing lunchbox fillers.
Low-Carb Bacon Stuffed Meatballs
Everyone loves a good meatball recipe. And more than likely, you've had one or two in your life that is forever in your mind.
Get ready to forget everything that you thought you knew about how meatballs should taste. These low-carb stuffed meatballs are about to blow all the other meatball recipes away!
One of the best parts about this recipe? You literally only need 5 simple ingredients to make it happen. When's the last time that you cooked a recipe this simple?!
Other low-carb recipes you might enjoy
- Low-Carb Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
- Best Low-Carb Snacks; Top 35 Ideas
- Low Carb Chicken Coconut Curry
Can you substitute out the beef and use ground turkey meat instead of in these low-carb meatballs?
Absolutely. Just know that the texture may be a bit different and potentially dry because beef does have a higher fat content (yay - read here why we live high healthy fat) than the ground turkey would.
You can also swap out the bacon for turkey bacon as well if you want to!
LOW-CARB STARTER PACK: Need help and inspiration how to start low-carb? Get all the resources you'll need - CLICK HERE
Is there another option besides cream cheese to use to stuff these bacon stuffed meatballs?
When it comes to stuffing the meatballs, you can use regular cheese instead of cream cheese if you want. The cream cheese is our choice for this recipe because it adds a nice creamy texture to the centre of the meatballs.
If you use regular cheese, it will have a more "cheesy" taste but will still be delicious!Cream cheese and bacon low-carb stuffed meatballs served with spaghetti squash - makes for the perfect healthy family meal.
You can vary the filling easily by mixing the cream cheese with spring onion, chilli powder or your favourite herb or spice.
This meatball recipe is extremely versatile.
Ready for this delicious homemade stuffed meatball recipe?
I bet you're ready to cook this delicious low-carb and gluten-free dish! While it's totally delicious to make and eat on its own, pairing it with a healthy bowl of low-carb spaghetti squash is an absolute win as well.
This is how I cook my spaghetti squash.
How to Make Bacon Low-Carb Stuffed Meatballs
Low-Carb Bacon Stuffed Meatballs
Bacon and cream cheese filling
- Gently fry the diced bacon until cooked. Remove from the heat and place in a small bowl.
- Add the cream cheese to the bacon and mix.
- In a bowl, mix the ground/minced beef, onion flakes, salt and pepper.
- Roll medium sized meatballs then press your thumb into the centre to make an indentation.
- Place a small spoon of cream cheese bacon filling inside the meatball and squeeze the edges of the meatball to close.
- Repeat and place all the bacon and cream cheese filled meatballs on a lined baking tray. Bake at 180C/350F for 15 minutes.
- Serve with spaghetti squash, and plenty of butter, salt and pepper. See the recipe HERE.