These Keto meatballs with mushroom sauce are crazy good and are so simple to make for the keto-lifestyle!
In no time at all, you'll have an amazing healthy gluten-free meal that your entire family can enjoy! Plus, making meatballs together as a family is always a lot of fun!
Easy ground beef meals
Trying to think of new recipes on the fly for dinner isn't always the easiest. The good news? You can keep this keto meatballs recipe in your back pocket and make it with ease for any type of meal.
The best side dishes
Traditionally meatballs are served with mashed potatoes and garlic bread. Now you can have the same delicious flavours but instead, serve with mashed cauliflower, keto garlic bread, or spaghetti squash. Any of these 21+ side dishes for beef will do perfectly as well.
Keep it light during the evening and serve the keto meatballs with a salad or add it to some zucchini spiral noodles (a.k.a zoodles) for a "spaghetti" dinner that will give your taste buds a true treat. Your kids are sure to love this.
Which meat is best for meatballs?
You can enjoy ground beef meatballs, ground pork meatballs, ground chicken meatballs, or ground turkey. In fact, you can make meatballs any way you like. And meatballs are the perfect dish to feed picky eaters because you can hide vegetables and organ meat which is so nutrient-dense food.
These meatballs are made with a combination of pork and beef. There should be a good amount of fat content between those two types of meat that your meatballs shouldn't be dried out or hard to chew (soft but sturdy meatballs are the best!)
When you're cooking up the meatballs, remember to make certain that you're cooking them thoroughly! Always cut one in half to check 100% they are cooked in the centre.
How to serve
How you decide to serve the gluten-free meatballs totally depends on the person eating the meatballs. Some like to eat them plain while others like to spice them up a bit! Adding a dab of hot keto BBQ sauce can really take these keto meatballs to a whole other level.
And if you want to really elevate their taste, pair them up with some steamed vegetables or even mashed cauliflower (plus with the delicious mushroom sauce, EVERYTHING truly tastes amazing!).
Watch how I make mashed cauliflower - 4 ways. You'll never go back to mashed potato with these delicious and easy recipes.
More keto meatball recipes
- Easy keto bacon stuffed meatballs (with a cream cheese filling)
- Easy keto sweet and sour meatballs (high-protein)
- Self-saucing keto crockpot meatballs (your kids will eat)
Please rate this recipe.
Keto meatballs with mushroom sauce recipe
- Place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with your hands, or a spatula.
- Grab a golf ball size of the meatball mix, squeeze together, then form into a meatball shape. Continue until all the meatballs are prepared.
- You can cook these keto meatballs two ways. 1) Fry gently in oil on all sides until cooked into the centre. 2) Bake in the oven at 180C/350F for 15 minutes (turning once so they brown all over) for 15 minutes, or until cooked into the centre.
- In a small saucepan, gently fry the sliced mushrooms in oil until cooked and soft. Make sure any water that comes out from the mushrooms, evaporates. This just ensures a nice thick mushroom sauce, not too watery.
- Add the cream cheese and the stock to the mushrooms and gently heat together whilst stirring. Gently heat until ALMOST boiling.
- Serve the keto meatballs on a bed of zoodles, mashed cauliflower or spaghetti squash. Drizzle with mushroom sauce and enjoy.
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.
More keto recipes you might like:
- 1-Minute Keto Muffins
- Keto Eggs Benedict in the Instant Pot
- 4 Lazy Keto Chicken Meals
- Keto Green Smoothie
Ready for this delicious Keto meatball and mushroom sauce recipe? I know my taste buds are raring to go!