Courgette mint and feta fritters are my children’s favourite way to eat courgettes (zucchini) and they ovenlike them in their school lunch boxes.
Courgette Mint And Feta Fritters
When courgettes (or zucchini) are in season, buy up large and make huge batches of these courgette mint feta fritters. They are so delicious, colourful and nutritious.
Keep the extra for lunch the next day at work or school. Many fritters have wheat, flour or other agents to bind them together. You don’t need any of those, just 4 ingredients go into these low carb fritters.Super easy courgette mint and feta fritters, only 4 ingredients. Great for school lunch boxes.
You don’t need any of those, just 4 ingredients go into these low carb fritters. Serve with a salad and drizzle with oil, or use as a side dish, for lunch or dinner.
Courgette mint and feta fritters also make an excellent after school snack. Sprinkle with salt before serving to give it that extra punch of flavour.
TOP TIP :: If your courgette/zucchini fritters have always turned out soggy, it will be because you haven’t squeezed out enough water as you are grating/shredding the courgette/zucchini. Also don’t add salt to the mixture as that draws out even more water, have salt at the dinner table and season them then.
Stir the mixture each time before you add another spoon to the frying pan, the egg has a tendency to drain to the bottom.
Courgette Mint and Feta Fritters
- 5 medium courgettes/zucchini grated/shredded
- 50 g feta cut into cubes
- 1 handful fresh mint roughly chopped
- 2 eggs - medium see notes below
- coconut oil or butter for frying
- Grate the courgette/zucchini and squeeze out all the excess water.
- Add the mint, feta and eggs and stir through.
- Heat a frying pan and add fry small batches in coconut oil or butter until golden.
- You may need to add extra eggs depending on how large your zucchinis are to hold the fritters together.
- I use medium 6-7 inch zucchini, which creates about 1.5 - 2 cups shredded each.