This low carb lemon coconut cake has the best texture of any low carb cake I have made yet. The desiccated coconut ensures it holds together without the slightly 'odd' texture sometimes coconut flour gives to a cake.
Zesty Lemon Coconut Cake
The lemon zest and juice really balance the coconut well. As for the lemon, cream cheese and yogurt icing, divine.
When my cake came out the ring tin (which as you know, I love using for cakes to speed up the cooking time and to ensure the outside isn't dry or the centre isn't cooked) was a little 'rustic' looking to say the least. The icing covered it all up, and made it look beautiful.
The icing that was left over, my boys fought over, so it must have been good. Line the tin with baking paper to ensure it lifts out easily.
This low carb lemon coconut cake has no added sugar, wheat free and gluten free.
Please rate this recipe.
Low Carb Lemon Coconut Cake Recipe
Low Carb Lemon Coconut Cake
Low Carb Lemon Cake
- Mix ground almonds, coconut, baking powder, sweetener and psyllium husk together.
- Add the melted butter into the centre and mix gently.
- Add the eggs, mix.
- Add the lemon juice and zest. Mix, then pour into a greased and lined ring tin.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 25-30 minutes.
Lemon Cream Cheese and Yogurt Icing
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the natural yogurt.
- Add the sweetener and lemon zest. Mix and carefully ice the cake or serve on the side.
COOKBOOKS - MEAL PLANS - PANTRY
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.