The best part? It’s keto, sugar-free, low-carb and made with coconut flour – this will please even the most ardent cake lover!
It’s only 5g net carbs! Whoop whoop! [plus there are tips to reduce the carbs even further in the recipe notes below]
Keto Vanilla Berry Mug Cake
If you have never tried a mug cake, they are an absolute lifesaver when a sugar craving hits, and you don’t want to cook.
You simply mix a few simple ingredients together in your favourite mug, pop the healthy mug cake in the microwave and in 1 minute – boom, you have a keto vanilla berry mug cake ready to enjoy.
The beauty of keto mug cakes is that you can enjoy an occasional sweet treat but without ruining your daily macros. It won’t raise your blood sugars and it won’t trigger sugar cravings.
No Microwave? No Problem!
Now I understand that many of you don’t own a microwave or don’t like using them.
You can still make the keto vanilla berry cake batter, but you will have to cook it in the oven. Of course, it is no longer a 1-minute mug cake, and it becomes a 12-minute cupcake instead. But it can be done. Simply bake at 180C/350F in a cupcake case or muffin tray.
Why coconut flour?
If you have been with me for a while then you know I love coconut flour. And if you are new here, remember to subscribe here and get a free copy of my Top 10 Low-Carb Recipes to get you started.
Coconut flour is a wonderful low-carb, keto, gluten-free flour. It is light, packed with fibre, easy to use, requires very little quantities and so ends up being a very affordable baking grain-free flour.
- Ultimate Guide To Low-Carb Flours – which to use and when
- Ultimate Guide To Coconut Flour vs Almond Flour – why I am using both
- Gluten Free vs Grain Free – and why gluten-free junk, is still junk
Why You Need Sugar-Free Dessert Recipes
In the long term, we want to rely on sweet recipes less and less. And we want to use sweeteners, less and less. So why do we need sugar-free dessert recipes? Because if I told you that you were never allowed a sweet treat ever again, most of you wouldn’t even contemplate embarking on a keto or low-carb life!
Another reason for having amazing sugar-free recipes is so you may offer to bring a healthy sugar-free and low-carb dessert to a party or dinner party. Because if you bring a keto or low-carb dessert, you are in control of the biggest source of sugar and carbs in a meal.
These are my favourite dinner party desserts to share (links below):
- Walnut and brandy truffles – for the adults only
- Raspberry swirl cheesecake – so pretty and kids love this one
- Chocolate heaven cake – my go-to cake for all birthdays and celebrations
- Jaffa cheesecake – orange and chocolate are a match made in heaven
- Chocolate mint truffles – make them mini size and pop a toothpick in each one to stop messy fingers
- Lemon cupcakes – perfect for a dessert platter
Keto Vanilla Berry Mug Cake
- Place the butter and cream cheese in your chosen mug. Microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds.
- Add the coconut flour, sweetener, vanilla, and baking powder. Mix well. Add the egg. Mix again
- Scrape down the sides of the mug, then press in 6 frozen raspberries into the cake batter.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1:20 seconds minute.
Join my FREE newsletter