Discover how to make THE low-carb chocolate-heaven cake, it's my absolute go-to healthy chocolate cake.
I use it for every birthday party and celebration for adults and children alike.
It is the perfect low carb, gluten-free, grain-free chocolate cake out there.
Low-Carb Chocolate Heaven Cake
Low-carb chocolate-heaven cake is so easy to make and so rich, with the texture being more like a rich chocolate truffle or torte.
If I ever need a healthy chocolate cake for a special occasion, this sugar-free chocolate cake recipe is my go-to cake.
If you are looking for a nut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, wheat-free cake that will please children and adults alike, this is it.
There are even variations so you can make it as low carb as you like, adapt the recipe for adults only and how it will suit so many food allergy sufferers.
Best Cake For Allergies
Because my low-carb chocolate-heaven cake is wheat-free, gluten-free, grain-free, no added sugar and nut-free, I make it every time for my children's birthday parties.
The best part of this healthy chocolate cake is that there are no expensive gluten-free or low-carb flours, and the simple easy ingredients for this cake recipe can be found in any local grocery store.
You may choose your preferred sweetener.
I personally love erythritol and/or stevia. These don't seem to give the bitter after taste that some sweeteners do and I always ensure I buy the brands that measure spoon for spoon as a sugar replacement.
Many brands of sweetener that are coming into the grocery store, can be double or triple strength. So ALWAYS read labels and check the strength of the brand you purchased.
To learn more on which sweeteners I love and which ones I avoid, please read the article linked below.
Best Cake For Adults
I love chocolate-heaven cake, you can even drizzle it with brandy whilst it is warm for an 'adult only' cake. It can be made as a cake then sliced, served with berries and whipped cream.
And because it is so rich, the adults love to enjoy this with a good coffee.
Or bake in a square dish then cut into tasting squares and top each piece off with a fresh berry. This is an easy idea to take as finger food to share with friends.Who wants to make me the best low-carb chocolate-heaven cake on the internet?
How To Lower The Carbs In The Chocolate-Heaven Cake
To make it even lower in carbs, use a higher % cacao chocolate, but others who are not sugar-free may find it slightly bitter so that's why I stick to the 75% which seems to please everyone.
In the recipe below, I have calculated the carb value when using different percentage of cacao chocolate blocks.
Nutrition using other % chocolate
70% = 246 cal 12g carbs 7.7g sugar 21g fat 3.7g protein
75% = 250 cal 10.8g carbs 5.2g sugar 21.8g fat 4g protein
85% = 235 cal 5.7g carbs 2.9g sugar 22.3g fat 4.5g protein
ALWAYS calculate using the brand and variety of chocolate you have used in the recipe.
How To Make The 2-Step Chocolate Cake Recipe
This easy recipe only requires 2 steps using simple ingredients.
STEP 1: Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over a low heat.
STEP 2: Mix the cream, eggs, vanilla and sweetener in another mixing bowl then slowly pour this into the warm chocolate mixture, stirring continuously.
The thickened chocolate cake batter will be luxurious and incredibly rich.
Pour into a lined cake tin and bake until cooked in the centre but be careful not to overcook it. Nobody wants a dry chocolate cake.
Serve as suggested below with whipped cream and berries.
Alternatively, drizzle with more dark chocolate or pour a small amount of warm brandy over the top whilst still warm and allow the brandy to soak in. This is for adults only.
How To Host A Sugar-Free Birthday Party
If this has inspired you to rethink your next birthday party and host a sugar-free birthday party, then take a look at my previous article which is packed with practical tips, tricks and yummy easy child-friendly recipes.
There are even ideas for sugar-free party loot bags, sugar-free games and sugar-free drinks too.
LOW-CARB SWEET TREATS: Want to enjoy parties AND stay on track? Delicious recipes to please a crowd - DON'T WAIT - BUY NOW
If you're after more low-carb cakes, here is my entire catalogue of sweet low-carb baking and desserts.
Low-Carb Chocolate-Heaven Cake
Recipe Video (tap to play)
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a low heat in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before adding the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl beat the eggs, cream and sweetener together for 3-4 minutes (use a stick blender or hand whisk). It will go frothy and remain runny.
- Slowly add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture in the saucepan, stirring all the time. As you add more egg mixture, the chocolate and butter will thicken to the consistency of custard.
- Pour into a prepared tin (see below). Grease a loose bottom cake tin with butter then line the loose bottom with baking paper and push through the outer ring so the baking paper adds a seal and stops the cake mixture from leaking.
- Bake at 180C/ 350F for 20 - 30 minutes, or more depending on your oven. Bake until it is just set in the centre, do not overcook the cake.
- 70% = 246 cal 12g carbs 7.7g sugar 21g fat 3.7g protein
- 75% = 250 cal 10.8g carbs 5.2g sugar 21.8g fat 4g protein
- 85% = 235 cal 5.7g carbs 2.9g sugar 22.3g fat 4.5g protein
How to give up sugar - FREE 5 day mini course
Join my FUN mini challenge. You will learn:
- The 30 ways sugar is damaging you
- How to snack smarter
- How to eat out AND stay sugar free
- How sugar is hiding from you
- See what's in my pantry
- How to live sugar free for life!