A New York style low carb baked cheesecake with an easy chocolate ganache. It looks impressive and difficult but is so easy you can let your children make it (and then you eat it of course!).
Low Carb Baked Cheesecake
This may be the most adaptable keto cheesecake you will find. Add your favourite flavouring to the cheesecake filling - Why not add cocoa powder and turn it into a baked chocolate cheesecake?
Or add a strawberry topping? Add lemon zest? Or how about adding cocoa or coconut to the base? Let me know how you get on and what flavours you are going to try.
Or how about adding cocoa or coconut to the base? Let me know how you get on and what flavours you are going to try.
How to reduce the carbs from a baked cheesecake
The majority of the carbs come from the chocolate ganache. To reduce the carbs, you can use less ganache (this recipe makes a LOT) and/or use higher cacao chocolate.
My calculations were using 85% cacao chocolate. The low carb baked cheesecake can easily be cut into smaller pieces or even baked in a square dish and cut into bite sized pieces.
Do you have to bake this cheesecake?
Yes because the cheesecake filling has eggs that need baking. If however, you want an egg-free recipe and a homemade cheesecake that is no bake, then you might want to try these simple recipes.
- Lime cheesecake (cheat's version) no-bake
- Sugar-free mint cheesecake (no-bake)
- Ginger and lime cheesecake (no-bake)
- Lemon cheesecake (no-bake)
Low Carb Baked Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
Please rate this recipe
- Prepare a large pie/flan/quiche dish by rubbing butter on the bottom and sides, then lining the base with baking paper.
- Mix the sweetener, softened butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the egg, almonds, coconut flour, salt and cinnamon and mix until it is the consistency of smooth peanut butter.
- Smooth the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 180C / 350 F for 10 minutes until just starting to go golden.
- While the base is cooking, place the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, sweetener and cinnamon into a bowl and blend until smooth and lump free.
- Pour onto the baked base, then return to the oven and bake at 180C/350F for another 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before refrigerating.
- Place the cream into a saucepan and gently heat until hot but NOT boiling.
- Add the chocolate (broken into pieces) and mix. The warm cream will be hot enough to melt the chocolate. Continue to stir until thick and glossy.
- Pour over the cold cheesecake and refrigerate until the ganache is set.