Get ready for my famous sugar-free no-bake lemon cheesecake, one of the top low-carb dessert recipes for this entire website. This easy low-carb cheesecake pretty much sums up what we all love - easy, delicious and healthy.
If you love no-bake cheesecakes, this is a keeper at only 3g net carbs!
Why are no-bake cheesecakes so popular?
Everyone loves no bake cheesecakes because they are quick, easy and you don't need a hot kitchen on a summer's day. When it's holiday season or barbecue season, a cheesecake is the perfect healthy sugar free dessert. But when it's summer, a no bake recipe is amazing rather than a regular baked cheesecake.
Which low-carb flour should you use?
This easy homemade recipe uses almond flour and desiccated/shredded coconut. But don't worry, if you don't like these, I have handy substitutions for you.
Using almond flour or almond meal (ground almonds) and melted butter is the easiest cheesecake crust you can find. Simply mix them together and press into your dessert dish that has been lined with baking parchment.
Place the crust in the fridge and it will set in 1-2 hours. But luckily you can pour your cheesecake filling on top before the crust has set.
Many readers don't like the subtle flavour of desiccated/shredded coconut so you can simply substitute 1:1 additional almond flour instead.
Which sweeteners to use?
The very first no-bake cheesecakes I made were my no-bake berry cheesecake and lime cheesecake.
These are great recipes for beginners and who want something FAST because you simply add cream cheese to store-bought sugar-free jelly/jello packets.
The ease, simplicity, and convenience especially help those who are new to baking and new to low-carb recipes.
However, I was never happy with the artificial sweeteners in the store-bought sugar-free jelly/jello packets.
So I decided to develop this no-bake cheesecake using gelatin and my favourite no sugar sweetener, to replace the sugar-free jelly/jello packets.
This sugar free cheesecake may take a few extra minutes using gelatine and sweetener. But the end result is well worth the effort!
TOP TIP: As with ALL recipes here, ALWAYS taste your batter BEFORE cooking to ensure you have added enough sweetener to suit YOUR tastebuds. Read the Ultimate Guide To Low-Carb Sweeteners.
What equipment do you need?
All you need to make a smooth cheesecake is a stick blender, electric whisk or a food processor. If you don't have any of these kitchen gadgets, you can mix the cheesecake filling by hand. However, it may take a little longer and you may end up with lumpy cheesecake.
How to serve your lemon cheesecake
I have to say that this sugar-free no-bake lemon cheesecake is my favourite cheesecake I have ever developed.
It is so adaptable and can be served as one large family cheesecake, or it can be poured into individual ramekin dishes for instant portion control.
I generally serve it with whipped cream and thin slices of lemon.
You might even want to sprinkle some fine lemon zest over the top to give it a sparkle.
How to balance the tart and sweet flavours
Make sure you taste the mixture BEFORE pouring the cheesecake into the serving dish.
Balancing flavour is such a personal measurement, so start with the recipe and tweak it as needed.
Adjust the amount of sweetener according to YOUR tastes and depending on how sour your lemons are. Taking this extra step will help you avoid a final dessert that you're just not in love with.
More Low-Carb Dessert Recipes & Low-Carb Cake Recipes ...
How long can cheesecake be stored in the fridge?
Ideally, you want to eat it within 4-5 days. Make sure to keep it covered tightly with plastic wrap or in an airtight container to maintain the moisture.
This will also help prevent it from absorbing other odors in your fridge.
For a longer storage time, you can freeze your cheesecake. Make sure it is fully set before you freeze or the setting process won't work as it should.
Freezing will allow you to keep your leftover cheesecake for 2-3 months.
More keto lemon desserts
- Lemon meringue pie (single serve)
- Low-carb lemon meringue pie (family sized pie)
- Sugar-free lemon bars
- Lemon cupcakes (with keto cream cheese frosting)
- Lemon coconut cake
Please rate this recipe.
No-Bake Keto Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 teaspoon granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- 150 g (1 ½ cups) almond meal/flour
- 55 g (½ stick) butter melted
- 50 g (½ cup) desiccated/shredded coconut unsweetened
Lemon Cheesecake Filling
- 12 g (3 teaspoon) powdered gelatine
- 2 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- 200 ml (0.8 cup) boiling water
- 200 ml (0.8 cup) cold water
- 500 g (1.1 lb) cream cheese full fat (not the 'spreadable' variety)
- 4 tablespoon (4 tablespoon) lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients and press into a greased and lined pie/flan dish.
- Pop in the fridge while making the cheesecake filling.
Lemon Cheesecake Filling
- Pour the boiling water into a large jug and whisk in the gelatine powder. Whisk until all dissolved.
- Add the remaining cold water.
- Add the cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and sweetener.
- Using a stick blender with the blade attachment, blend on a slow speed until smooth and lump free.
- Pour onto the prepared base.
- Refrigerate until set.
- No added sugar - any sugar in the nutritional panel comes from the coconut, almonds and lemon juice.
- Please taste the mixture before pouring into the dish. You will need to adjust the amount of sweetener according to YOUR tastes and depending on how sour your lemons are.
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.
What could I use instead of coconut in the crust?
You could use an almond flour pie crust or a coconut flour pie crust.
I made this yesterday but added only a squeeze of lemon and a lot of vanilla essence and vanilla bean to get some taste. Unfortunately it came out very bland and tastes like nothing. How can I make my cheesecake taste like vanilla? Recipe itself is great - turned out well.
This is a lemon cheesecake so if you only add a small amount of lemon, it will of course be tasteless. If you want a vanilla cheesecake may I suggest you bake my keto vanilla baked cheesecake?