You asked for more easy snacks - so here you are - super easy pepperoni bites. These can be eaten as a snack, covered in a sauce for a meal. And you know I love recipes that can be frozen and kept for school lunches too.
Minie Pepperoni Meatballs
When ground/mince meat is on sale, you need to buy up large. Turn the oven on and by the time the oven is up to temperature, you'll have these pepperoni bites prepared, ready to cook. Furthermore, make a double or triple batch and once they are cooled, pop any spare leftovers into an airtight container with layers of baking parchment in between each layer of pepperoni bites.
When you want a quick snack or want to plan your school lunches, you can easily defrost the pepperoni bites. Heck, you can even place them frozen in the school lunch box and in summer, they will be defrosted by lunch time, with the added bonus of keeping the rest of the lunch box cool.
Please rate this recipe.
Super Easy Pepperoni Bites
- In a bowl, mix the ground/mince meat, pepperoni, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze small balls of the meat mixture together. I find this technique works better than rolling them. The meat binds together firmly.
- Place on an oiled baking tray, or line with non stick parchment.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 10-15 minutes.
- They may need turning once during cooking so the pepperoni bites brown evenly on all sides.
COOKBOOKS - MEAL PLANS - PANTRY
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.