Are you looking for wheat free crackers that are low carb? Are you missing that crunchy cracker sensation now you have given up processed food?
UPDATE - now you can watch my quick video and see how easy it is to make wheat free crackers. Make them any shape you want. Square, round, sticks or just break them into pieces. This is a great little wheat free cracker recipe to keep on hand.
Wheat Free Crackers
A crunchy texture is what so many people crave after giving up crisps, crackers and other convenience snacks.
These wheat free crackers are also gluten free, low carb, and high protein that are full of seeds, fibre and not a grain of wheat in sight. Sesame seeds are high in thiamine, folate, calcium, iron and magnesium.
If you're wanting a cheesey cracker, then try my low carb FatHead crackers. Why not add a hint of chilli?
Serve these wheat free crackers with avocado, cheese, cold deli meat, pate, olives, or sun-dried tomatoes ... You only need a few of these wheat free crackers to really curb your appetite.
For more healthy snack ideas, take a look at this post. Brimming with ideas and help for those times when you need a little snack between meals. The beauty of living low carb, is that you stop relying on snacking after a while, but until then, these are my top 10 low-carb snacks.
Wheat Free Crackers
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the warm water, mix, then allow to sit and swell over 10-15 minutes while the oven warms up.
- Get 2 large sheets of baking paper the same size as your baking tray.
- Place half of the mixture in between the baking sheets and using a rolling pin, roll out as thin as you can (the thinner the cracker, the crispier they will bake).
- Remove the top sheet of baking paper, and cut score lines through the rolled out mixture, into cracker size pieces.
- Repeat with the other half of the mixture.
- Place onto baking trays and bake at 180C / 350F for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cut through the score lines and turn each cracker over. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until crisp.
Try my FatHead crackers for a real crunchy cheesey cracker. Easy and simple to make and can be flavoured a number of ways - chilli, rosemary, garlic ...