The best low carb cracker has just been invented – The Holy Grail of pizza has now become a cracker – fathead crackers. Grain free, crisp, cheesey heaven. Anyone who has been reading my website for a while will have already tried my FatHead pizza, and know it is hands down the number one downloaded recipe from the entire site. Fathead pizza has now become a family favourite for so many of you, some reporting you make it every week.
Watch my new video to see how to make Fat Head pizza base.
Many have also reported serving it to family members who are not low carb but they actually preferred it over regular pizza. I have been discovering new uses for the incredible base as it is so versatile, so hence FatHead crackers were born.
FatHead pizza is originally attributed to Tom Naughton who has been alerted to these new FatHead crackers. Read his post on why he should now hang out with Al Gore and why he likes my “recipe (and other stuff)” website. Follow his blog and watch
Follow his blog and watch FatHead the film. I’ve added my favourite clip of Tom’s at the bottom of the post.
FatHead Crackers – low carb, keto, cheesey heaven
When switching to low carb, the bread, pasta, rice and wheat are gone, and so too are your beloved crackers. So what is a good alternative? There are my
There are my wheat free crackers, but they take a little longer to make. Then there is my absolute favourite and cheats version, cucumber slices. It’s an easy way to eat more vegetables, virtually no preparation and you still get that delightful crunch when you bite into it.
But what if you want a cheese cracker that’s simple and easy to prepare?
[clickToTweet tweet=”Fathead pizza is the holy grail of low carb pizzas. Now try FatHead crackers. ” quote=”Fathead pizza is the holy grail of low carb pizzas. Now try FatHead crackers. “]
That’s where FatHead crackers come in. You will already know the FatHead pizza base is incredibly easy to make, so why not make a double batch while the oven is on and make the FatHead crackers at the same time.
FatHead crackers are great for a snack, serve at parties or keep in a ziplock bag when travelling. Top them off with pate, use in dips, add smoked salmon and cream cheese, or just sprinkled with salt for a simple option.
Using the FatHead pizza base, roll the dough between two sheets of baking parchment. Remove the top layer of paper and cut into bite sized cracker pieces using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife.
Place each FatHead cracker on a baking tray lined with baking parchment, and bake until crisp, turn over, and crisp on the other side. FatHead crackers are so easy and you can flavour them with anything you like.
Here are a few options. The ones pictured are my rosemary and salt FatHead crackers.
- Taco seasoning
- Top with parmesan for the final few minutes
- Lemon and rosemary
- Poppy seeds
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt, and flavourings, mix gently.
- Place in between 2 baking sheets and roll thinly. Remove the top baking sheet. If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not too long or you will cook the egg.
- Cut the dough into small bite size pieces. Place each one on a lined baking tray as shown.
- Bake at 220C/425F for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned on both side and crisp.
- Cool on a wire rack and keep in an airtight container in the fridge. IF the weather is cool, you may store the container in your pantry for up to 3 days.
Join my email community
Subscribe to my FREE newsletter service and get instant access to the FREE Low-Carb FAQ & Diet Sheet as a subscriber bonus. You also receive secret discount codes for subscribers only.