Theses are the most incredible keto mozzarella dough bagels that I love to enjoy toasted with salmon and avocado or cream cheese.
Only 2.4g net carbs per bagel and this recipe makes 6 bagels.
Keto Mozzarella Dough Bagels
Bagels have been around since the 17th century and have since then spread across the world especially where there are thriving Jewish communities. People became so enamoured by its dense, chewy and doughy interior that they are now made in a variety of ways to suit different tastes.
We all have our favourite ways of preparing our bagels but entering the low-carb high fat way of eating, you may have thought that you’d have to give up bread – including bagels – forever!
But hey, don’t sweat it! There’s still a way to have your cake – err, bagel – and eat it, too! The solution? Make my keto mozzarella dough bagels instead!
If you are new to mozzarella keto dough, it is the easiest keto dough and hands down the best keto dough on the planet.
Fat Head Dough
Mozzarella dough is also known as Fat Head dough. It was so named by Tom Naughton, the creator of Fat Head, the movie. It’s a comedy-documentary that explains how low cholesterol is unhealthy, saturated fat does not cause heart disease but instead sugars, grains, starches and processed vegetable oils do.
You can read more about Tom Naughton and Fat Head here.
Keto Almond Flour Dough Bagels
The wonderful thing about this keto almond flour dough, is that its ingredients, (mozzarella, cream cheese, egg and almond or coconut flour) is naturally free of grain and wheat – making it perfectly low-carb and keto!
Isn’t that fantastic?
Keto bagels are the perfect lunch box filler for hungry tummies.Who wants keto mozzarella dough bagels?? Only 2.4g net carbs per bagel and is perfect with cream cheese and smoked salmon!
My children love them filled with cream cheese, ham and lettuce. If you’re looking for more healthy lower carb lunches box ideas, why not join my Low-Carb Lunch Box Hacks Group.
I post pictures in the group of what I actually pack for my children each day and you can pick up amazing tips and tricks from everyone. I’ll see you there.
Keto Mozzarella Dough Bagels – cooking video
Once you learn how easy it is to make keto mozzarella dough, just look at all the ways you can use it.
Keto Dough Bagels – recipe
So, the next time you and your family are having a hankering for your signature low-carb bagel treat, break out these simple ingredients!
Keto Mozzarella Dough Bagels
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese, almond flour/meal and cream cheese in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, baking powder, salt, and any other flavourings, mix gently.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll into balls then into cylinder shapes as shown in the video.
- Fold the ends of the cylinder shapes in a circle and squeeze the two ends together to form a bagel shape.
- Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with sesame seeds.Bake at 220C/425F for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Join our FUN mini-challenge and weekly newsletter. You will learn:
- 30 ways sugar and carbs are damaging YOU
- Learn how to snack smarter
- Learn how to eat our AND stay low-carb
- Receive instant access to the FREE Quick & Easy Guidebook as a FREE newsletter bonus.