Want to learn the quick way, to prepare easy low-carb snacks for a crowd?
Watch the NEW video and learn how to entertain guests easily. Or learn how to turn your keto charcuterie board into the main meal.
PLUS a FREE printable list of 50 easy keto snack ideas so you can stay on track.
Quick and easy low-carb snacks
Healthy low-carb snacks really don't have to be complicated, nor time-consuming.
Choose snacks that are high-protein, low-carb, and moderate fat. As unprocessed as possible. Stay within your daily carb limit and learn to read food labels so you can avoid hidden carbs and added sugars.
What are the best snacks to buy?
A quick trip to the deli counter at your supermarket is your best place to go if you are short on time. There are so many keto-friendly snacks and prepackaged foods that you can buy from the grocery store.
Choose quality cooked meats such as ham off the bone, sliced roast beef, pepperoni, and salami. With all meats, choose the best quality you can, with minimal processing and minimal added ingredients. Avoid all added sugars and unnecessary processed carbs.
Fresh ingredients such as a variety of cheeses (parmesan, feta, blue cheese, Brie ...), olives (black, green or stuffed), avocado, stuffed mini peppers.
These tasty, low-carb foods are perfect as nibbles and easy low-carb snacks. A Mediterranean-style platter is ideal.
And if you don't like cooking dinner, just increase the portion sizes, and turn your keto charcuterie board onto a main meal?
Some food, especially nuts, are difficult to portion control so remember to calculate how many will fit into your daily goals and portion control a few on your plate rather than having the entire serving bowl sitting next to you.
If you are invited to a party or holiday celebration, this is the perfect easy low-carb snack tray to bring.
You also know there will be a variety of low-carb snacks (brought by you) that you can enjoy, without resorting to the crisps, bread, and high-carb offerings.
The easiest low-carb and keto snacks are the ones you can buy from the grocery store.
- Nuts and seeds - look at the carbs in nuts charts so you know which nuts to avoid.
- Deli meats - cooked meat such as pepperoni, salami, ham, chicken, or beef make great high-protien snacks.
- Vegetables - avoid high-carb vegetables such as potato chips and choose low-carb vegetables instead.
- Crackers - you can now buy some good low-carb and keto crackers in the grocery store. A quick and easy cracker is to use slices of cucumber instead of a cracker.
- Cheese - any variety of cheese works well in a keto charcuterie board or cheese platter. Brie, camberbert, parmesan, blue cheese, halloumi, cheddar, and cream cheese dips.
- Sauces - such a pesto, aoili, mayonaise, and guacamole are quick healthy snack options.
Easy low-carb snack recipes
50 low-carb keto snacks (printable list PDF)
Now if all these days low-carb snacks aren't quite enough for you, why not take a look at healthy easy low-carb snack finder? There is sure to be a few more recipes in there that you will fall in love with.
Want even more? These are the 35 best low-carb snacks.
Please leave a comment with your favourite idea for easy low-carb snacks.