Enjoy a large bowl of creamy Keto Instant Pot Creamy Cauliflower Soup that tastes like baked potato soup, just without all the carbs. It's the perfect comfort food that you can make in under 10-minutes.
There are cooking instructions below for both methods. And even a stove-top method.
How to make soup in the Instant Pot
Making a healthy creamy low carb cauliflower soup is incredibly easy. All you have to do is dump all your ingredients, except the butter and cream, into your Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker.
The cauliflower will cook with the broth with the seasoning so that it absorbs the flavor as it cooks. A soup that might take a few hours on the stove top or your slow-cooker will only take a few minutes in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
Instructions (Instant Pot)
Add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot apart from the butter and the heavy cream.
To cook the cauliflower soup in the Instant Pot, close the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. The cauliflower only needs 5 minutes to "pressure cook" or "manual" setting. When the timer goes off, let the pressure release naturally for 3-5 minutes before turning the pressure valve to release the remaining pressure.
Blend the cauliflower florets until smooth using a stick blender, regular blender, or food processor that is heat-proof.
Finally to make the soup creamy and smooth blend in the butter and heavy cream (double cream). You will be amazed at how the texture changes with the cream. Your cauliflower soup should be thick, creamy, and full of flavor.
Season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve and garnish.
Just add all the ingredients, except the butter and heavy cream, to the slow cooker. You will want to double the broth when cooking in the slow cooker to account for evaporation. Liquids do not evaporate in a pressure cooker like they do in a slow cooker or on the stove.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours or LOW for 4-5 hours, the cauliflower should be soft and tender. Then blend the cauliflower with a stick blender to break apart the florets. Add the butter and heavy cream, blend well and you are all done!
Cooking creamy cauliflower soup on the stove is much like cooking it in the slow cooker. To make the soup on the stove you will need to double the amount of broth you use to account for evaporation.
Add all the ingredients, except the butter and heavy cream, to a large pot. Boil the cauliflower covered on medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes.
Break apart the florets with a stick blender then blend in the butter and cream. If your soup is too thick you can add a little more broth, or if it is not thick enough you can allow the soup to continue to simmer until it reaches your desired consistency.
Serve your delicious and creamy cauliflower soup with lots of yummy goodies before serving the best part of the soup. I love to add shredded cheese, chopped green onions, some cracked pepper, and paprika.
However, have fun with your toppings. You can add bacon bits, sour cream, or any other keto/low-carb options.
With this recipe, you will be able to serve about 4 people. If you have more people to feed the recipe is easy to double and won't require any additional cooking time.
Creamy cauliflower soup is perfect for meal prepping and lunch. Just be sure to store the soup in a sealed airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to 2 months.
To make the keto cauliflower soup vegan, you simply swap the butter and heavy cream for full fat coconut cream instead.
Keto Instant Pot Creamy Cauliflower Soup (Vegan Friendly)
Please rate this recipe
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets large (approx 800g)
- 1 onion cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoon garlic crushed
- 2 cups vegetable broth can substitute any broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice about ½ lemon
- ½ cup heavy cream (coconut cream for the vegan readers)
- 2 tablespoon butter (coconut oil for the vegan readers)
- ¼ teaspoon all spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheese (or vegan cheese)
- chopped green onions
- cracked pepper
- Add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot except for the butter and heavy cream.
- Close the lids and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook for 5 minutes on "pressure cook" or "manual". Let the pressure release naturally for 3-5 minutes before turning the valve to release the remaining pressure.
- Using a stick blender break apart the florets. You can also pour the soup into a regular blender to blend.
- Mix the butter and heavy cream into the soup with the stick blender (or in the regular blender). Blend well. Your soup should be thick and creamy.
- Serve the soup hot and top with cheese, green onions, cracked pepper, and paprika. You can also add bacon or sour cream if you want. Enjoy!
Additional low carb keto soup recipes you may like: