This is the EASIEST slow cooker low-carb lamb curry you will ever make.
Served with delicious low-carb coconut cauliflower rice, it makes for the perfect family dinner.
How To Cook Low-Carb Lamb Curry In The Slow Cooker?
Slow cooker low-carb lamb curry simply cooks all day while you are busy doing other things. So put your feet up and print the recipe below and add it to your rotation of family dinners.
Using the slow cooker or my Instant Pot are my favourite small kitchen appliance. It makes family dinner time so much easier. Especially at the end of a long day.
If you plan ahead, you can use the slow cooker by cooking on LOW all day long. Simply throw everything together in the morning.
Can You Cook The Curry In The Instant Pot?
If you're not organised ahead of time, or your day is running late, you can simply cook the low-carb lamb curry in the Instant Pot/pressure cooker.
- Fry/sauté the onion and herbs in the Instant Pot on the sauté function.
- Fry the lamb until each piece is browned on all sides.
- Add all other ingredients, stir.
- Lock the lid in lace, cook on CURRY mode for 15 minutes and let the steam escape naturally.
How Can You Get Children To Eat Spinach?
Slow cooker lamb curry uses a whopping 500g/1 lb of spinach. I told my children it was silverbeet/swiss chard (for some reason they love silverbeet/swiss chard, but hate spinach - go figure) and they ate it all up.
I often play "guess the hidden ingredient" with my children when they were younger, it made them intrigued about flavour, texture and taste.
They know by now I play tricks on them, they eat it and are surprised they liked it once I reveal what was actually in it.
This trick has managed to get them to eat a whole selection of foods that they once hated.Low carb lamb curry with spinach, in the slow cooker. Another super easy low-carb family dinner.
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Curry?
It makes a complete meal and adds plenty of fibre, flavour and nutrition.
Lamb Curry with Spinach Recipe (Saag Gosht)
Please rate this recipe.
- 1 red onion quartered and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon ginger minced
- 2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 cloves whole
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander/cilantro ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin powder
- 500 g (1.1 lb) cubed lamb
- 500 g (1.1 lb) packet frozen spinach
- 400 g (0.9 lb) tinned/canned chopped tomatoes chopped
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave, then squeeze handfuls to get out the excess water (don't squeeze too hard and make it dry).
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker, stir.
- Cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
2,500 RECIPES - MEAL PLANS - COOKBOOKS
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.