The photo may not do this justice (all curry looks pretty bleh in a photo) but this lamb curry with spinach is simply delicious.
Lamb Curry With Spinach
Lamb curry with spinach cooks in the slow cooker all day, and uses a whopping 500g of spinach. I told my children it was silverbeet (for some reason they love silverbeet, but hate spinach - go figure) and they ate it all up.Low carb lamb curry with spinach, in the slow cooker. Another super easy low-carb family dinner.
They know by now I play tricks on them, they eat it, and are surprised they liked it once I reveal what was actually in it. This trick has managed to get them to eat a whole selection of foods that they once hated.
Serve with more veggies, or cauliflower rice.
Lamb Curry with Spinach - Saag Gosht
- 1 (1 ) red onion quartered and sliced
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) ginger crushed
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) ground cardamon
- 6 (6 ) cloves whole
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) coriander ground
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) chilli powder
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) garam masala powder
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) cumin powder
- 500 g (1.1 lb) cubed lamb
- 500 g (1.1 lb) packet frozen spinach
- 400 g (0.9 lb) tinned/canned tomatoes chopped
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave, then squeeze handfuls to get out the excess water (don't squeeze too hard and make it dry).
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker, stir.
- Cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or LOW for 8 hours.