Low carb no bake jaffa cheesecake - only 5g net carbs per slice.
It also happens to be sugar-free, grain-free, wheat-free, gluten-free cheesecake PLUS it stops your sweet cravings.
Low Carb No-Bake Jaffa Cheesecake
For those who don't know, Jaffa, is a type of orange. Jaffa is also commonly used by many people to describe the amazing combination of chocolate and orange.I've just found a low carb no bake Jaffa cheesecake - please make it for me!
Numerous sweets, cakes and chocolates have this chocolate-orange combination.
I was brought up on Jaffa cakes, Terry's chocolate orange and hard little 'Jaffa' balls. The chocolate-orange sweets that every kiwi kid takes to the movies and rolls down the aisles. So I wanted to create that Jaffa, choc-orange flavour in a low-carb cheesecake.
My new low carb no-bake Jaffa cheesecake is quick, easy, and will bring back all those Jaffa memories.
How to prepare your no-bake cheesecake?
You can prepare the low carb and no-bake Jaffa cheesecake in the morning, and by dinner, it will be ready to serve.
You might also like to prepare low carb no bake Jaffa cheesecake into individual ramekin dishes for individual servings.
Which sweetener to use?
A note regarding sweeteners. It is difficult to find sugar-free jelly/jello that has acceptable sweeteners for long-term and regular use.
For beginners and those who are just wanting a quick and easy dessert, using the occasional box of sugar-free Jello may be acceptable.
For those of you who would like to avoid artificial sweeteners, I have also given an alternative in the recipe notes below.
I try to make my recipes as easy as I can, which is especially important to my readers who are new here and have never done any home cooking from scratch.
TOP TIP: As with ALL recipes here, ALWAYS taste your batter BEFORE cooking to ensure you have added enough sweetener to suit YOUR tastebuds. Read the Ultimate Guide To Low-Carb Sweeteners.
Low Carb No Bake Jaffa Cheesecake
Please rate this recipe
Jaffa Cheesecake base
Jaffa Cheesecake Base
- Mix the melted butter, almond meal/flour, cocoa and sweetener together.
- Press into a greased and lined dish. Press down firmly with the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass. Place in the fridge to harden.
- Pour the two orange sugar free jelly boxes/sachets into a pouring jug and add 500ml of boiling water. Stir to dissolve.
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks and add to the boiling jelly mixture. Using a stick blender with the blade attachment, puree until smooth and lump free.
- Pour the jelly and cream cheese mixture onto the prepared cheesecake base and place back into the refrigerator to set for a few hours.
- Melt some dark 90% chocolate and drizzle over the top of the jaffa cheesecake.