Before I get flooded with complaints, I guess this is more of a slice than a brownie, but it is healthy and filling. It has no sugars, no gluten, no grains, it's low carb and incredibly easy to make. So call it what you will, low carb chocolate berry brownie is delicious.
Chocolate Berry Brownie (almond flour recipe)
The definition of a chocolate brownie is "a flat baked dessert square" but over time most people think of a square slice that is crunchy on the outside (like a biscuit) and soft on the inside (like a cake) and possibly with chocolate chips and nuts. This low carb chocolate brownie goes back to the original flat baked dessert idea.
Brownies are typically eaten with cream, and personally, I think they are best eaten with berries on the side. They are sturdy enough to handle the school lunchbox (if you are allowed to bring almonds to school). They can be frozen and are an excellent stand by in a cake emergency (ever have those?).
Low-Carb Chocolate Berry Brownie Recipe
Please rate this recipe.
- 110 g (1 stick) butter softened
- 4 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 45 g (½ cups) cocoa powder (unsweetened) unsweetened
- 2 eggs - medium
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 g (½ cups) desiccated/shredded coconut unsweetened
- 50 g (½ cups) almond meal/flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 50 g (½ cups) berries of choice
- Mix the butter and sweetener together until pale.
- Add all the other ingredients except the berries. Mix well.
- Fold in the berries and pour the brownie mixture into a lined 20cm/8 inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 15-20 minutes or until the centre is cooked.
- Makes 12 pieces.
Please note ::
- With ALL low carb baking please taste the mixture BEFORE baking and adjust the sweetness accordingly. Those of you who have only been sugar free for a little while, may require more sweetener than those of us who have been sugar free for some time. If a recipe turns out to be not sweet enough for you, you can always save it by serving with sweetened whipped cream.
2,500 RECIPES - MEAL PLANS - COOKBOOKS
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.
More low-carb baking recipes
- Keto blueberry cheesecake
- Lemon mini cupcakes
- Keto waffles
- Orange & almond flourless cake
- Sugar free nutella
- Low carb mug cake