A quick and easy recipe to make a soft and gooey low carb chocolate berry brownie.
This delicious gluten-free brownie takes only 10 minutes to make and has less than 2g net carbs per brownie.
There are so many easy keto chocolate recipes that are family-friendly, but this berry brownie has to be the easiest of them all.
What really is a brownie?
The definition of a chocolate brownie is "a flat baked dessert square" but over time most people think of a square slice that is crunchy on the outside (like a biscuit) and soft on the inside (like a cake) and possibly with chocolate chips and nuts. This low-carb chocolate brownie goes back to the original flat-baked dessert idea.
What is a keto brownie?
To make a traditional brownie recipe you need sugar and wheat flour or gluten-free flour. But a keto brownie uses sugar-free sweeteners and almond flour or coconut flour.
Keto brownies are low in carbs, high in fiber, and sugar-free.
What to serve with keto brownies
Keto brownies are typically eaten with whipped heavy cream, and personally, I think they are best eaten with a few fresh berries on the side.
They are sturdy enough to handle the school lunchbox (if you are allowed to bring almonds to school). They can be frozen and are an excellent stand-by in a cake emergency (ever have those?).
More healthy brownie recipes
If you love easy keto chocolate recipes, these healthy brownie recipes are all gluten-free and sugar-free too.
Please rate this recipe.
Low-Carb Chocolate Berry Brownie Recipe
- 110 g (1 stick) butter softened
- 4 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 45 g (½ cups) cocoa powder (unsweetened) unsweetened
- 2 eggs - medium
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 g (½ cups) desiccated/shredded coconut unsweetened
- 50 g (½ cups) almond meal/flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 50 g (½ cups) berries of choice
- Mix the butter and sweetener together until pale.
- Add all the other ingredients except the berries. Mix well.
- Fold in the berries and pour the brownie mixture into a lined 20cm/8 inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 15-20 minutes or until the centre is cooked.
- Makes 12 pieces.
Please note ::
- With ALL low carb baking please taste the mixture BEFORE baking and adjust the sweetness accordingly. Those of you who have only been sugar free for a little while, may require more sweetener than those of us who have been sugar free for some time. If a recipe turns out to be not sweet enough for you, you can always save it by serving with sweetened whipped cream.
COOKBOOKS - MEAL PLANS - PANTRY
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.