Keto dairy-free brownies have never been easier to make with this delicious easy blender recipe. You can learn the trick to making these delicious brownies with only 1.9g net carbs!
And if you love cupcakes, you will see how to make easy blende cupcakes too.
Are brownies keto?
No, the traditional chocolate brownies made with wheat flour and sugar are definitely not keto. But this easy healthy brownie recipe is definitely keto. There are only 1.9g NET carbs per square. If you make the chocolate cupcakes, they will give you instant portion control.
Keto brownies that are dairy free
Nothing beats the taste of a decadent fudgy brownie with a crisp top, and I wanted to bring those qualities to these brownies while keeping keto-friendly and dairy-free.
What equipment do you need?
To keep the brownies simple to make, and easy clean up we are going to be using a blender to make the brownies. I like using a blender because I can toss all the ingredients into it and my batter will be done in a matter of seconds. If you do not have a blender feel free to use a mixing bowl and whisk.
How do you make keto brownies from scratch?
To make these dairy-free brownie you will first need to add your coconut oil to the bottom of your blend. Next, add the boiling water to the blender by pouring it over the coconut oil to melt the oil. The oil will continue to melt as it sits in the hot water.
Next, add the cocoa powder, sweetener, almond flour, and remaining ingredients to the blender. Close the lid and blend until the batter is smooth. Pour the batter into a square 8-inch x 8-inch baking pan that is lightly greased and lined with parchment paper.
Bake your brownies in the oven at 180C/350F for 15-20 minutes. It is better to slightly under bake the brownie rather than over bake the brownies to keep them moist. Let the brownies cool then lift them from the pan and cut into 16 pieces.
What is low-carb flour?
A low-carb flour is an alternative flour to wheat flour that is gluten-free and has a low glycemic index that helps you sustain your blood sugar levels. You can learn more in my Ultimate Guide to Low-Carb Flours.
For this dairy-free brownie recipe, we will be using almond flour which is a flour made from finely ground almonds.
Read more: The Ultimate Guide To Low-Carb Flours
Can you use almond milk in a brownie batter?
Yes. Since this dairy-free brownie recipe doesn't call for milk, you can use unsweetened almond milk as a substitution for water. It will increase the net carbs of your brownies and increase the calories per serving, so keep that in mind.
If you choose to replace the water for almond milk be sure the almond milk is hot when you add it so that it will melt the coconut oil in the blender.
Keto muffins and mini muffins (dairy-free brownies)
Turning your brownie batter into muffins or mini muffins is easy. To ensure the brownies are easy to remove be sure to oil your muffin pan well with olive oil.
You will be able to get 12 regular sized muffins and 36 mini muffins from your batter. Regular muffins take 15-17 minutes to bake while mini muffins only take 10-12 minutes.
The net carbs for regular muffins will be higher per serving for regular sized muffins than brownie slices since you will have less servings. However, making mini muffins is a great way to reduce the net carbs per serving for your brownies!
Storing keto brownies
These dairy-free brownies will actually become heavier and almost fudge-like over the next day!
Your brownies should be stored in an air-tight container after they have completely cooled to prevent condensation from building up in the container. The t
- Your brownies will stay fresh on the counter in the cooler months for up to four days.
- During the warmer months, it is best to store your brownies in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- To freeze your brownies slice them first, then store them in an air-tight container or zipped bag in the freezer.
Keto Dairy-Free Brownies
Recipe Video (tap to play)
- Add the coconut oil to the bottom of the blender.
- Pour over the boiling water to melt the coconut oil.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a lined oiled square 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of brownie tin used. Let the brownies cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into 16 pieces and serving.
- The dairy-free brownie actually becomes heavier and almost fudge-like over the next day.
- Can be made as 12 chocolate muffins, 36 mini muffins, or 1 large low-carb chocolate cake.
- Make into a dairy-free mocha brownie by adding 3 tbsp instant coffee to the boiling water
- Stays fresh on the kitchen countertop in an airtight container during cool months for up to 4 days, or in warmer months, keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Can be frozen, sliced, in an airtight container.
LOW-CARB SWEET TREATS: Want to enjoy parties AND stay on track? Delicious recipes to please a crowd - DON'T WAIT - BUY NOW