The essential guide to making sugar-free, egg-free and dairy-free ice cream so you can cool down this summer.
This simple frozen dessert is quick and easy to make, and no one will guess it's sugar-free ice cream!
UPDATE - scroll below to watch my new quick cooking video. It shows you exactly how to make this delicious no-churn ice cream.
Is ice cream keto?
No, regular traditional ice cream is not keto. It is full of added sugars and often other nasties such as colours, preservatives and additives that we tend to avoid.
The healthy frozen dessert is egg free and is drizzled with the most incredible sugar free and dairy free magic shell (finally, a recipe for magic shell that actually works - I know, I've made this three times already).
Oh, and did I mention this is such a sneaky way to get your kids to eat avocados?
There are 2 whole avocados hidden in here, and no one in my household even noticed. Avocados are so nutritious and packed with vitamins, nutrients and fibre.
You only need 6 grocery store ingredients for this sugar-free frozen dessert.
As with all recipes, please only make 1 substitution. Recipes take a long time to develop to make them perfect. Each ingredient is tested. Each quantity is tested.
If you replace too many ingredients, then you will begin to make an entirely new recipe and I cannot guarantee your success.
- Avocados - you really need these to add bulk and the creamy smooth texture
- Almond milk - you could substitute for your favourite milk or dairy-free alternative
- Double cream (heavy cream) - you could use coconut cream. it would add a subtle coconut flavour to the ice cream.
- Sweetener - or sugar replacement of choice
- Lemon juice - or lime juice.
- Mint essence - or mint flavouring.
Once the homemade ice cream has been made, you may store it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
When it's time to eat, simply place it at room temperature for a few minutes to make it just soft enough to scoop into your chosen serving dish.
Drizzle with the sugar-free chocolate magic shell and eat immediately.
More sugar-free desserts
The perfect way to cool down this summer is with sugar-free and low-carb ice cream recipes. Stay cool and stay sugar-free.
And your whole family will fall in love with the no-bake keto chocolate lasagna. It's perfect for summer celebrations, parties, and holiday get-togethers.
Sugar Free Mint Ice Cream With Sugar Free Magic Shell
Please rate this recipe
Sugar Free Mint Ice Cream - egg free
Sugar Free Mint Ice Cream
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and churn until frozen and light but creamy. Serve immediately or freeze until required. Store for up to 1 month in the freezer.
Sugar Free Magic Shell
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until there are no lumps.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for 1 month. You will have to warm it up to become a liquid again before using.
- Flavour variations - replace the vanilla with peppermint or almond extract
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, pour the sugar free mint ice cream into a shallow dish and pop in the freezer. Stir each half hour to break up any ice crystals.
- You can also pour the ice cream mixture into popsicle molds instead.