A creamy sugar-free keto eggnog perfect for the festive season.
Scroll down to watch the quick cooking video. With only 4.9g net carbs per cup, this indulgent and creamy low-carb eggnog is the perfect recipe for the festive season to indulge and enjoy, with friends.
Creamy Sugar-Free Keto Eggnog
A traditional eggnog recipe is almost the perfect low-carb high-fat drink - all you need to do is omit the sugar!
My creamy eggnog is an indulgent treat to be enjoyed on special occasions with friends and family this holiday season.
I love my eggnog to have plenty of brandy, but this is entirely optional. You can simply make a batch of lower carb eggnog and add the brandy to individual cups, depending on each person's preference.
LOW-CARB SWEET TREATS: Want to enjoy parties AND stay on track? Delicious recipes to please a crowd - DON'T WAIT - BUY NOW
How to Adjust the Number of Servings?
Entertaining for a crowd? Simply go to my recipe below, and you can enter the number of servings you require, and it will magically calculate the ingredients for you.
Ditch the Carbs & ditch the calculator 😉
This creamy keto eggnog is so filling, that you won't be tempted by any snacks or nibbles on offer at a festive party. In fact, you might even want only half a glass, further cutting back on the carbs.
Ingredients Needed to Make Keto Eggnog from Scratch?
So take a look in your fridge now. You might just have all the ingredients to make creamy sugar-free low-carb eggnog tonight.
- heavy cream
- almond milk unsweetened
- eggs - medium
- granulated sweetener of choice
- ground nutmeg
- whipped cream to garnish</p>
Why is Traditional Eggnog So Unhealthy?
Many eggnog recipes are packed with sugar and flavoured syrups. All the extra processed sugar increases the carb count to almost 20g per cup!
But if we make low-carb eggnog with this healthy recipe, and substitute some of the cream with almond milk, we cut down the carbs dramatically.
Leave me a comment with your favourite low-carb festive treat. Is there a family drink, cake, dessert, or dinner that you have given a low-carb makeover to perhaps? These are mine.
- Christmas Mince Pies - low-carb style
- Tiramisu - boozy
- Frozen White Christmas - perfect for our NZ summer Christmas
- Walnut & Brandy truffles - perfect as a gift too
- Low-Carb Christmas Cake - optional extras such as almond slices, berries, and nuts depending on carb limits
- Chocolate Mint Truffles - perfect after a meal
Creamy Sugar-Free Keto Eggnog
Please rate this recipe
- 250 ml (1 cup) heavy cream
- 250 ml (1 cup) almond milk unsweetened
- 2 eggs - medium
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice or more to your taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon brandy optional
- whipped cream to garnish (optional)
- Place all the ingredients (apart from the brandy) in a saucepan and mix gently whilst heating.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on a gentle heat. Do not allow to boil. The mixture will slowly thicken as the eggs gently cook.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the brandy, pour into glasses, garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving, Christmas, and a healthy new year.