A frozen white Christmas is an easy sugar-free, gluten-free keto frozen Christmas dessert the whole family will love. Whether it is snowing outside or you're sitting on the beach.
And at only 2.8g NET carbs per serving, this is going to keep you on track throughout the festive season.
Frozen Christmas desserts
It may seem strange to many of you around the world, but our New Zealand Christmas is in the middle of summer. We still enjoy the traditional roast turkey and mulled wine, but we do also like Christmas barbecues and cold frozen desserts.
Frozen desserts are the perfect make-ahead desserts that will save you precious time for your Christmas meal plan.
If you're in a hurry for a quick and easy healthy dessert recipe, you don't want to mess about making a Christmas pudding or a keto cheesecake and its base. Figuring out if you can swap almond flour for coconut flour and how many carbs per serving. This recipe is super fast and only needs a few simple ingredients.
This easy frozen dessert is the perfect sweet treat. It's refined sugar-free, no almond flour egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, sweet treat that is perfect for the holiday season. It can be served in individual ramekin dishes or in one big batch at the Christmas dessert buffet.
All quantities, ingredients, and instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Double cream - heavy cream.
- Granulated sweetener of choice - add more or less to your personal preference and sweet tooth. The most popular sweeteners are erythritol, allulose, monk fruit, and powdered sweetener make a perfectly smooth creamy frozen dessert.
- Desiccated/shredded coconut - always check food labels to ensure it is sugar-free unsweetened coconut.
- Fresh strawberries - or your favorite diced or cubed low-carb fruit.
- Cacao nibs - or sugar-free chocolate chips.
- 80% or 90% chocolate - to drizzle over your dessert.
- Vanilla essence, peppermint essence, orange extract, or even brandy to make it extra special.
STEP 1: Whisk the heavy cream and powdered sweetener together to form soft peaks.
STEP 2: Fold in the unsweetened desiccated coconut, fresh strawberries, cacao nibs (or sugar-free chocolate chips), and any flavoring or alcohol you prefer.
STEP 3: Pour your sugar-free whipped cream mixture into a round bowl (if you want the shape of a traditional Christmas pudding), teacups, or individual serving bowls.
STEP 4: Freeze overnight.
How to decorate and serve
PREPARE: On the day you want to serve the frozen white Christmas, sit the dish in some warm water for only a few seconds. Cover the top of your frozen dessert with a plate. Carefully flip the Christmas pudding over and turn it onto the plate to serve.
DECORATE: Drizzle with melted chocolate or sugar-free magic shell. It can go back in the freezer then be removed 15 minutes before you want to serve it to guests.
GARNISH: Decorate with sliced strawberries and more coconut.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Your delicious frozen Christmas pudding recipes can be made into the shape of a traditional Christmas mound or it can be frozen in a large casserole dish or cake tin then scooped like ice cream.
You can even freeze it into individual teacups to serve. Just don't choose your best antique china that may have a tiny crack that wouldn't survive the freezer.
SUBSTITUTIONS and VARIATIONS:
1: Instead of strawberries, you can use fresh or frozen blueberries or raspberries for their natural sweetness and help keep this recipe refined sugar-free.
2: Instead of sugar-free chocolate or 95% chocolate poured over the top, you can use my chocolate sugar-free magic shell to satisfy your chocolate craving.
3: Instead of adding alcohol, you can use brandy essence, rum essence, or whiskey extract to make this frozen dessert alcohol-free.
4: Instead of plain whipped cream, why not add unsweetened cacao powder to the recipe for a frozen chocolate ice cream dessert or chocolate Christmas pudding. To make this low-carb frozen dessert dairy-free you can use whipped coconut cream.
5: Instead of vanilla essence (vanilla extract) you can use peppermint extract, brandy extract, orange essence, and even rum essence.
Cacao nibs are dried and roasted cacao beans (basically chocolate before the sugar has been added). You can use these wherever you would normally use chocolate chips in a recipe.
Yes, you could make this with full-fat coconut cream.
It can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Try pistachios, chopped macadamias, sugar-free chocolate chips, small food-safe Christmas trinkets, or anything else traditional to you, or even stir a swirl of peanut butter through the centre.
Best keto Christmas recipes
You can make an entire Christmas meal plan with all these delicious sugar-free and low-carb keto recipes.
- How to cook a bacon-wrapped turkey
- Creamed low-carb Brussels sprouts
- Keto pork sausage stuffing
- Keto cornbread stuffing
- Keto Christmas cake (keto fruit cake)
- Sugar-free gluten-free Christmas fruit mince pies
More frozen sugar-free Christmas desserts
I love traditional Christmas puddings, but they are too high in added sugar. I try to avoid all dried fruit, sugar, and wheat flour. Luckily there are so many sugar-free, gluten-free healthy dessert recipes you can make over the festive holiday season that the whole family will love on Christmas day..
- Sugar-free lime cheesecake (gluten-free)
- Frozen blueberry cheesecake balls
- Sugar-free mint ice cream (with sugar-free chocolate magic shell)
- Sugar-free healthy berry popsicles
- Sugar-free frozen coconut ice cream
- Keto chocolate lasagna dessert (no bake, can be frozen)
Please rate this recipe.
Sugar-Free Frozen Christmas Dessert Recipe (Egg-Free)
- 500 ml (2 cups) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- 50 g (½ cup) desiccated/shredded coconut unsweetened
- 50 g (1 cup) strawberries diced
- 2 tablespoon cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) 90% dark chocolate to drizzle
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract peppermint, orange or even brandy
- Whisk the cream and sweetener together to form soft peaks.
- Fold in the coconut, strawberries, cacao nibs, and any flavouring or alcohol you wish.
- Pour into a round bowl (if you want the shape of a Christmas pudding), or tea cups.
- Place in the freezer overnight.
- On the day you want to serve the frozen white Christmas, sit the dish in some warm water for only a few seconds. Cover the top with a plate. Carefully flip the pudding over and turn it onto the plate to serve. Drizzle with melted chocolate. It can go back in the freezer then be removed 15 minutes before you want to serve.
- Decorate with sliced strawberries and more coconut.
- Any recipes made with alcohol are not intended for children.
- Can also be served with boozy brandy cream.
- Serve with strawberries and coconut to garnish
COOKBOOKS - MEAL PLANS - PANTRY
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.
Wishing you all a very happy Christmas, and a healthy new year.