Frozen White Christmas Dessert – No added sugar and low carb
It may seem strange to many of you around the world, but our Christmas in New Zealand is the middle of summer. We still go for the traditional roast turkey and mulled wine, but we do also like christmas barbecues and cold desserts.
I love traditional christmas puddings, but they are too high in sugar for me now. All the dried fruits, sugar and flour are a thing of the past. But there is no need to do without. This frozen white christmas dessert is sugar free, low carb, gluten free, grain free and colourful.What??? A frozen white Christmas that is low carb and sugar free???? Genius.
It can be made into the shape of a traditional christmas pudding or can be frozen then scooped like ice cream. You can even set it into individual tea cups to serve. Just don’t choose your best antique china that may have a tiny crack that wouldn’t survive the freezer.
Imagine whipped cream, coconut, strawberries and chocolate. Add pistachios, christmas trinkets or anything else traditional to you. I used cacao nibs which are dried and roasted cacao beans (basically chocolate before the sugar has been added).
My children didn’t even notice they weren’t chocolate chips. They are rich in fibre and slightly bitter, but with the sweetness of the frozen white christmas and the coconut, you can’t tell the difference. Hey why not even make it a boozy white Christmas and add some brandy?
Take a look at my top 20 healthy christmas recipes for the festive season, 10 savoury and 10 sweet for shared platters or parties. And for christmas day, my easy roast turkey cooking schedule, have a glass of wine and relax.
Frozen White Christmas
- Whisk the cream and sweetener together to form soft peaks.
- Fold in the coconut, strawberries, cacao nibs and any flavouring or alcohol you wish.
- Pour into a round bowl (if you want the shape of a christmas pudding), or tea cups.
- Place in the freezer overnight.
- On the day you want to serve the frozen white Christmas, sit the dish in some warm water for only a few seconds. Cover the top with a plate. Carefully flip the pudding over and turn it onto the plate to serve. Drizzle with melted chocolate. It can go back in the freezer then removed 15 minutes before you want to serve.
- Decorate with sliced strawberries and more coconut.
- Any recipes made with alcohol are not intended for children.
- Can also be served with boozy brandy cream.
- Serve with strawberries and coconut to garnish
Get ready for Christmas and start planning your healthy low carb meals. Even party menus are included in this book. So start celebrating now and treat yourself to this beautiful keto celebration cookbook, available for instant download.
Wishing you all a very happy Christmas, and healthy new year.
How to give up sugar - FREE 5 day mini course
Join my FUN mini challenge. You will learn:
- The 30 ways sugar is damaging you
- How to snack smarter
- How to eat out AND stay sugar free
- How sugar is hiding from you
- See what's in my pantry
- How to live sugar free for life!