I’m letting you in on my easy CHEAT’S recipe for slow cooker low-carb mulled wine – just promise me this, you won’t tell everyone our secret – it’s the perfect lazy way to entertain guests this festive season.
Scroll down to watch the quick cooking video, and make some next time you have guests visiting for the festive season.
Slow Cooker Low-Carb Mulled Wine
Dreaming of slow cooker low-carb mulled wine? Well here it is.
Even though I celebrate Christmas each year mid summer, here in New Zealand, I still love a glass of mulled wine.
By preparing low-carb mulled win in the slow cooker (crock pot), it keeps infusing the flavour throughout the wine for the entire party.
Look at this easy CHEAT'S recipe for slow cooker low-carb mulled wine!!
Don't tell everyone our secret - the perfect lazy way to entertain guests this festive season.
And no more heating up saucepan after saucepan of mulled wine when it runs dry.
Simply warm through the slow cooker low-carb mulled wine on LOW for 1 hour to allow the flavours to infuse the wine, then keep it on the WARM setting for the remainder of the party.
You can even top it up with more wine as the night progresses. You may just need to add a lttiel more sweetener (if desired).
Add 1 bottle of red wine into the slow cooker. Press whole cloves into an orange, cinnamon sticks, spices, sweetener (optional), brandy and star anise.
Heat through on LOW setting for 1 hour to allow the flavours to infuse throughout the mulled wine.
Everyone at the party can serve themselves from the slow cooker. Slow cooker low-carb mulled wine will remain warm throughout the evening.
The great thing about making slow cooker low-carb mulled wine, is that if you make a huge batch for a party, it stays warm throughout the night, you can top it up quickly, and everyone can help themselves.
I make this every year even though it’s a summer xmas here.
Slow Cooker Low-Carb Mulled Wine Recipe
Using the slow cooker (crockpot) for making and serving low-carb mulled wine, is a stroke of genius.
Slow Cooker Low-Carb Mulled Wine
- Pour 1 bottle of red wine into the slow cooker.
- Take the whole orange and push 10 cloves (or more) into the skin. Place the orange in the slow cooker with the cinnamon sticks, star anise, nutmeg and brandy.
- Stir through and add sweetener to taste (optional). Only add a small amount at a time. You can always add more if required, but you don't want to risk making it too sweet, or if using stevia, too bitter. No one wants a wasted bottle of wine.
- Turn your slow cooker on to LOW and warm through for 1 hour, stirring occasionally so all the spices infuse.
- Turn the slow Coker onto the WARM setting, and serve into glasses, or allow guests to serve themselves.
- As the evening progresses, you may top up the low-carb mulled wine with extra bottle of red wine. The flavours will still infuse fro the orange, cinnamon and star anise. You may just require some additional sweetener.
Leave me a comment with your favourite low-carb festive treat. Is there a family drink, cake, dessert or dinner that you have given a low-carb makeover to perhaps? These are mine.
Alcohol, as always, is optional. All my recipes can easily be made alcohol free by omitting it entirely.
- Creamy low-carb eggnog – another indulgent treat
- Christmas Mince Pies – low-carb style
- Tiramisu – boozy
- Walnut & Brandy truffles – perfect as a gift too
- Low-Carb Christmas Cake – optional extras such as almond slices, berries and nuts depending on carb limits
- Chocolate Mint Truffles – perfect after a meal
Get ready for Christmas and start planning your healthy low carb meals. Even party menus are included in this book. So start celebrating now and treat yourself to this beautiful keto celebration cookbook, available for instant download. Perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving, Christmas, and healthy new year.
Join my email community
Subscribe to my FREE newsletter service and get instant access to the FREE Low-Carb FAQ & Diet Sheet as a subscriber bonus. You also receive secret discount codes for subscribers only.