My kids love easy keto chili casserole. It's a mid-week winter family favourite.
Scroll down and watch the quick cooking video. You won't believe how easy it is to make for dinner tonight and it's only 7g net carbs per serving.
Easy Keto Chili Casserole
We love chili but without the kidney beans and the rice, how can you make it low-carb and a family-friendly meal?
By adding lots of low-starch veggies, spices and vibrant colour.
The extra peppers, tomatoes and spices, sure as heck makes up for the lack of kidney beans.
And if you love your chili with cornbread, I've got you covered too. Try my keto cornbread recipe. Quick and easy.
Before you bake the easy chili casserole, remember to load it up with plenty of grated/shredded cheese. Every kid (and adult for that matter) Loves melted cheese.
The cheese bakes into a lovely cheesy crust. Some areas are gooey melted cheese, and other areas turn into crispy cheese corners.
By bumping up the meat, the cheese, the sour cream, and the peppers make this tasty and healthy alternative to regular chili.Who wants to cook me some easy keto chilli casserole tonight?? 7g net carbs and ready in 25 mins. This easy keto chili casserole recipe is seriously ah-mazing!
I sometimes serve it with cauliflower rice, and I spice this healthy rice alternative with some extra chili, coriander (cilantro) and cumin, just before serving. Because no-one wants bland rice do they? Let alone bland cauliflower rice.
That would just be too much to ask from your children.
Whenever I have the oven on cooking a dish, I always throw something else in to be economical with my power usage. It also helps me to be organised for the week ahead of lunch boxes.
LOW-CARB STARTER PACK: Need help to start low-carb? Get all the resources you'll need - CLICK HERE
Easy Keto Chilli Casserole
Recipe Video (tap to play)
- 1 onion quartered and sliced
- 500 g (1.1 lb) mince/ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ red pepper/capsicum diced
- ½ green pepper/capsicum diced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander/cilantro
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 250 ml (1 cups) tinned/canned tomatoes
- salt/pepper to taste
- 100 g (1 cup) shredded/grated cheese
- 50 g (½ cup) sour cream
- Fry the onion and garlic until soft, add the mince/ground beef and cook until all the meat has browned.
- Add the peppers/capsicums and cook until soft.
- Add all the other ingredients, stir and cook for a few minutes (the beef is already cooked) then pour into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the shredded/grated cheese over and cook at 180C/350F for 20 minutes.
- Spoon into individual serving bowls. Garnish with sour cream and a sprinkle of coriander.
LOW-CARB FAMILY MEALS: Need help and inspiration on how to cook healthy family meals? Get all the resources you'll need - CLICK HERE