Low carb chicken coconut curry is the perfect family meal at the end of a busy day. It is cooked in the slow cooker so all you have to do is throw some cauliflower rice on when you get home. I even prepare the cauliflower rice in the morning sometimes, so all I have to do is cook it on the stove top.
Low Carb Chicken Coconut Curry – in the slow cooker
Low carb chicken coconut curry is vibrant, fresh and a healthy low carb family meal. It is extremely low in carbs, high in healthy fats, wheat free, sugar free, grain free, paleo, primal, you name it, and it is absolutely packed with hidden vegetables. The kids won’t realise how many you have sneaked in here.
It looks beautiful served with cauliflower rice in bowls with a sprinkling of chopped cashews or coconut threads.Super easy slow cooker recipe for low carb chicken coconut curry, with a cauliflower rice. That's dinner sorted!
My children love curries, and I must admit, they loved the popadoms, naan bread and apricot chutney that would be served along side, but they haven’t really noticed those things don’t appear any more.
For many meals, it is the side dishes that are the high carb killers. By making the simple switch to adding more non-starchy vegetables or avoiding the sides altogether, makes an easy transition to low carb living. This also holds true when eating out also. Avoid the sides. and bump up the veggies.
Pumpkin is lower in carbs than say potatoes or sweet potatoes. It adds flavour, colour, bulk and texture to this dish. Spinach is an amazing leafy green vegetable packed with vitamins, fibre and antioxidants. Magnesium, iron, zinc, calcium, Vit A, B, C, E, K, manganese, tryptophan, copper.
Low Carb Chicken Coconut Curry
- Place the first 5 ingredients in the slow cooker dish. The spinach and cashews are added at the final stage.
- Stir and cook on LOW for 6-10 hours or HIGH for 4-6 hours.
- Stir occasionally to allow the flavours to mix.
- Ten minutes before serving, add the spinach to the chicken coconut curry and stir through. The spinach will wilt and cook. You may not fit all the spinach in one go, but wait for the first handful to wilt then add more and stir again.
- Serve with cauliflower rice and garnish with cashews (optional) or a sprinkle of coconut threads.
If you have never tried cauliflower rice, the low carb chicken coconut curry is the prefect ,eat to try it with. Remember to flavour it with coconut cream and salt to taste. No one like bland cauliflower rice, but flavour it up and you’ll win everyone over. Go and take a look at how easy it is to prepare.
How to give up sugar - FREE 5 day mini course
Discover how to give up sugar for life! Sign up for my FREE 5 day mini email course.
- See how sugar is hiding from you
- Learn to eat out and stay sugar free
- Snack smarter
- See what's in my pantry
- Keep the momentum going and live sugar free for life!
- Get secret discount codes for subscribers only.